My CPU fan is always on high

Fullmetalx

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
I have the coolmaster hyper 212+ for my amd 965 phenom and the fun is always running on high. At start up it immediately goes to about 1900-2000 RPM. My CPU temperature always hovers around 32C when the fan is this high. When I used speedfan to bring the fan speed down to around 1200-1300 the CPU has a temperature hovering around 33-34C. I dont really mind the cpu temp being one degree higher. Right now my CPU fan is pretty loud all time and it's kind of annoying. Is there anyway I can make it so the CPU fan RPM increases as the CPU temp gets higher? Because I know in games the CPU will get pretty hot but at start up the CPU probably shouldn't need that much cooling.

I have the ASROCK 970DE3/U3S3 mobo.

Fullmetalx

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

I dont have that option it seems. I did just went into the bios and saw the CPU fan was in full mode. I changed it to automatic. The CPU fan is now much quieter.

Edit: I went back into the bios and saw that cool and quiet was already enabled. So i guess changing from Full Mode to automatic did the trick. Not my CPU temp idles around 36C, core 33, and system 37. My CPU fan speed is also around 1100 RPM.