Is it possile to display a hosted image (banner - imageshack) in sig

cps1974

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
doesnt seem to display when using any of the imageshack codes/links - are they enabled in the forum for all users?

thanks
chaz

A picture will appear in a sig if it is not too big (400 x 75 size limit) and it is entered correctly and you tick the checkbox "Apply signature: "

All image links here at Tom's start with capitalized letters IMG surrounded by brackets and end with /IMG surrounded by brackets.

Edit:

I've heard there is a "weight limit" (size in KB) on sigs and avatars but I don't know what it is. It's there to keep people like me :D from entering a full-length movie as an animated gif.

cps1974

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
thanks a lot for the help, the size of the file is tiny - I should be Ok from here, I will check the size and the brackets etc, thanks again

chaz

cps1974

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
ah heck

so now I am adding this to the sig boc in profle/forum options:

URL]

and it just dissapears after I click submit, doh

any tips? cheers

Almost there... take out the some website[/IMG]

Click the nearly greyed-out words "BBcode" that appear at the top of each reply here and see the code I used to put the following sample here... It works the same way for a sig.

cps1974

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
i cant believe i am struggling to get to grips with this...

bannercg.gif

looks good to me but is gif ok, still not showing - i better get to the stupid corner

well not as sig anyway

I've seen some recent post concerning problems with this site. There are a few things apparently not working right now, such as most of the right column and maybe the sig system is down too. I tried it out yesterday and it worked for me but then other people are having a terrible time with a few features here that aren't giving me any trouble at all.

I'd say to keep trying every day and don't lose hope, it may not be a problem on your end.

Gif files are fine, I use one in my avatar. Most popular picture files work, but I'm not sure of Psd files.

cps1974

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
thanks again i will persist

i also noticed i was having probs with some other functions here ~ maybe same gremlins

thanks for your help
chaz