Sign in with
Your question

Is it possile to display a hosted image (banner - imageshack) in sig

Last response: in Forum Feedback
October 18, 2011 9:46:33 PM

doesnt seem to display when using any of the imageshack codes/links - are they enabled in the forum for all users?

thanks
chaz
October 20, 2011 5:33:12 AM

A picture will appear in a sig if it is not too big (400 x 75 size limit) and it is entered correctly and you tick the checkbox "Apply signature: "

All image links here at Tom's start with capitalized letters IMG surrounded by brackets and end with /IMG surrounded by brackets.

Edit:

I've heard there is a "weight limit" (size in KB) on sigs and avatars but I don't know what it is. It's there to keep people like me :D  from entering a full-length movie as an animated gif.
October 20, 2011 5:50:54 PM

thanks a lot for the help, the size of the file is tiny - I should be Ok from here, I will check the size and the brackets etc, thanks again

chaz
October 20, 2011 5:58:30 PM

The file info at the link you now have showing puts it at:

Filename: unleduecf.png
Size: 239Kb
Resolution: 640 x 66

So it's too big.
October 20, 2011 6:03:08 PM

yeah just checked, gonna make a nice new one :-)

chaz
October 20, 2011 6:55:57 PM

bugger

so now I am adding this to the sig boc in profle/forum options:

and it just dissapears after I click submit, doh

any tips? cheers
October 20, 2011 8:51:18 PM

i cant believe i am struggling to get to grips with this...

looks good to me but is gif ok, still not showing - i better get to the stupid corner

well not as sig anyway
October 21, 2011 5:58:34 AM

I've seen some recent post concerning problems with this site. There are a few things apparently not working right now, such as most of the right column and maybe the sig system is down too. I tried it out yesterday and it worked for me but then other people are having a terrible time with a few features here that aren't giving me any trouble at all.

I'd say to keep trying every day and don't lose hope, it may not be a problem on your end.

Gif files are fine, I use one in my avatar. Most popular picture files work, but I'm not sure of Psd files.
October 21, 2011 4:41:19 PM

thanks again i will persist

i also noticed i was having probs with some other functions here ~ maybe same gremlins

thanks for your help
chaz
!