Is it possile to display a hosted image (banner - imageshack) in sig

doesnt seem to display when using any of the imageshack codes/links - are they enabled in the forum for all users?

thanks
chaz
10 answers Last reply
More about possile display hosted image banner imageshack
  1. A picture will appear in a sig if it is not too big (400 x 75 size limit) and it is entered correctly and you tick the checkbox "Apply signature: "

All image links here at Tom's start with capitalized letters IMG surrounded by brackets and end with /IMG surrounded by brackets.

Edit:

I've heard there is a "weight limit" (size in KB) on sigs and avatars but I don't know what it is. It's there to keep people like me :D from entering a full-length movie as an animated gif.
  2. thanks a lot for the help, the size of the file is tiny - I should be Ok from here, I will check the size and the brackets etc, thanks again

chaz
  3. The file info at the link you now have showing puts it at:

Filename: unleduecf.png
    Size: 239Kb
    Resolution: 640 x 66

So it's too big.
  4. yeah just checked, gonna make a nice new one :-)

chaz
  5. bugger

so now I am adding this to the sig boc in profle/forum options:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/bannercrv.gif/" class="img lazy">

and it just dissapears after I click submit, doh

any tips? cheers
  6. Almost there... take out the [URL= part(s).

It's just some website

Click the nearly greyed-out words "BBcode" that appear at the top of each reply here and see the code I used to put the following sample here... It works the same way for a sig.

7. i cant believe i am struggling to get to grips with this...

looks good to me but is gif ok, still not showing - i better get to the stupid corner

well not as sig anyway
  8. I've seen some recent post concerning problems with this site. There are a few things apparently not working right now, such as most of the right column and maybe the sig system is down too. I tried it out yesterday and it worked for me but then other people are having a terrible time with a few features here that aren't giving me any trouble at all.

I'd say to keep trying every day and don't lose hope, it may not be a problem on your end.

Gif files are fine, I use one in my avatar. Most popular picture files work, but I'm not sure of Psd files.
  9. thanks again i will persist

i also noticed i was having probs with some other functions here ~ maybe same gremlins

thanks for your help
    chaz
  10. See my response in your other thread here.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/33931-12-test

You had it formatted right in that thread. I even verified it by using my test account.
Ask a new question

Read More

Feature Requests Tom's Hardware Displays