Wireless network between 2 floors

vlasiospakis

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Hello guys,

First time here to this blog :)
I would like to ask you something i wanna do at my house. I have a basement which is modified as an office and have 1 pc and a laptop. My router is on the upper floor inside a drawer cause in there is the cable for the phone. I have a pirelli router from the company that gives me internet and phone. So with my laptop my wi-fi internet connection is very low (1 bar) and sometimes i go off and on again. From what i read there is a way to strengthen the signal with a repeater... Do you have any suggestions?? I also want to buy a usb wi-fi adapter to get internet on the pc also.Thank you for your help!

vlasiospakis

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Well not something to put a socks :p Think of a big wardrobe in a room where in a self there are phone lines etc...Blame father for this ugly mess..

vlasiospakis

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Actually what i am looking for is something that would strengthen up my signal cause the routers you are telling me dont support phone line from what i saw....I was told a repeater that would take the signal and transmit it would be better and can you offer any suggestion about a usb wi-fi adapter for my desktop pc!