Antec 902 Heatsink

jdbceltics

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
Hello all :hello:

I am looking to replace my Intel i7-950's stock heatsink, as I have been getting very troublesome temperature readings. (50+ idle, 80+, up to 90's gaming)

I have the Antec 902 mid-tower case. My question is, will most CPU heatsinks fit inside of my case? I ask because I have heard of others having trouble with this? Kind of silly, I know, but I really am not sure of the credibility.

Also, any heatsink recommendations for my i7 950? Obviously they need to fit my case (if that is even a potential problem, as it would seem silly that a case wouldn't fit heatsinks).

Thanks for your answers in advance. :sol:

Solution
The case is 8.6" deep. I don't see that as any kind of hindrance. Yes, there are some extremely tall coolers that may be a problem, but the vast majority of the ones on the market won't be any issue. Do you have a price range in mind? Most folks here recommend the Hyper 212. If you are looking for a less expensive, somewhat easier cooler to install, the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 is a good choice, too: http://www.amazon.com/Arctic-Cooling-Freezer-Cooler-DCACO-FP701-CSA01/dp/B002G392ZI

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The case is 8.6" deep. I don't see that as any kind of hindrance. Yes, there are some extremely tall coolers that may be a problem, but the vast majority of the ones on the market won't be any issue. Do you have a price range in mind? Most folks here recommend the Hyper 212. If you are looking for a less expensive, somewhat easier cooler to install, the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 is a good choice, too: http://www.amazon.com/Arctic-Cooling-Freezer-Cooler-DCACO-FP701-CSA01/dp/B002G392ZI

Solution

Antec CS155

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

Hi,

Most of our customer's with the Nine Hundred Two case, the problem they occur is the plastic clip that will hold an optional fan on the side panel of the case. If your CPU heatsink is hitting this piece, we recommend our customer to just cut this piece out if not in use. As far as recommendation, I personally like the Noctua for an air cooling CPU. If you can do a custom liquid cooling, that would be great, but if you don't know how, go with a Corsair or Antec Liquid cooling.

Antec Tech Support

TRENDING THREADS