Issue with startup

Just built a new PC and it works great, the only issue is that sometimes it does not turn on when I press the on button during a cold boot. I have to flick the switch on the psu on and off a couple times and then it boots up. when its up and running its fine and if I shut it down and then turn it back on right away its also fine. but when i leave for work in the morning and the computer is off all day and then I get home 8 hours later and i try and turn it on it sometimes wont. I just built it about 2 weeks ago so dont think it should be having this issue. Anybody have any idea what the problem could be? is it the power supply? memory? any ideas would help its driving me crazy
7 answers Last reply
More about issue startup
  1. Please post your specs.
  2. spg23 said:
    Just built a new PC and it works great, the only issue is that sometimes it does not turn on when I press the on button during a cold boot. I have to flick the switch on the psu on and off a couple times and then it boots up. when its up and running its fine and if I shut it down and then turn it back on right away its also fine. but when i leave for work in the morning and the computer is off all day and then I get home 8 hours later and i try and turn it on it sometimes wont. I just built it about 2 weeks ago so dont think it should be having this issue. Anybody have any idea what the problem could be? is it the power supply? memory? any ideas would help its driving me crazy

Sounds like the PSU isn't giving enough power. We can help you further if you post your specs.
  3. sorry for the delay specs are

i7 2600k
    Asus P8Z68 Pro/Gen3
    8 GB ripjaws 1600
    Crosair H100
    PSU: crosair HX 850
    560 GTX-TI Twin Frozr 11 2 GDS
    Crucial 128GB M4 SSD
    Hitachi 500 GB HHD

This issue is driving me crazy any ideas?
    also to add to the above post i dont think my MB is holding its settings because when it does start up it always forces bios even though my boot priority is set. talked to the asus customer service guy and he said to flash the new bios i have 0402 and he wants me to dl and flash 3202 but i dont think this will solve anything. anyways any help would be appreciated.
  4. spg23 said:
    sorry for the delay specs are

i7 2600k
    Asus P8Z68 Pro/Gen3
    Crosair H100
    PSU: crosair HX 850
    560 GTX-TI Twin Frozr 11 2 GDS
    Crucial 128GB M4 SSD
    Hitachi 500 GB HHD

This issue is driving me crazy any ideas?
    also to add to the above post i dont think my MB is holding its settings because when it does start up it always forces bios even though my boot priority is set. talked to the asus customer service guy and he said to flash the new bios i have 0402 and he wants me to dl and flash 3202 but i dont think this will solve anything. anyways any help would be appreciated.

I noticed you didn't mention RAM? your PSU is more than enough.
  5. sorry i edited the above post im running 8 gb ripjaws 1600
  6. While your PSU is certainly "more than enough" as stated this could be a sign of a bad PSU.

However, I agree with the rep. Flash your BIOS, do it carefully following the instructions to the letter. Anytime you see a BIOS update that says "improve system stability" it's usually a good idea ;)
    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68V_PROGEN3/#download

If the BIOS update doesn't fix it, it's probably MB or PSU.
  7. thanks for the reply im going to try this and change my cmos battery because my bios settings arent saving, ill let you guys know how it goes. thanks for the help
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems