multiplayer 'failed to connect'

Hi,

I am new with BF1942.

First had the Demo multiplayer: worked

Now I have got the original game (also 2CD's)
The game works fine, no problem at all.

But..
In the multiplayer mode-> next problem:

I do see the list with servers but when trying to JOIN a game -> I see the
screen with 'connecting to .. etc.'
but after that the connectingbar is fully loaded -> error message: 'failed
to connect to server'

What's wrong?

My internet connection is cable/LAN.

Do I need some patch or do you have to join a game with the same version??

Please help..

Thanks!!!
2 answers Last reply
More about multiplayer failed connect

    Sounds like you do not have the right versions. Make sure to patch BF1942
    up to date.

    "Reinder Herder" <rherder@garyp.nl> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am new with BF1942.
    >
    > First had the Demo multiplayer: worked
    >
    > Now I have got the original game (also 2CD's)
    > The game works fine, no problem at all.
    >
    > But..
    > In the multiplayer mode-> next problem:
    >
    > I do see the list with servers but when trying to JOIN a game -> I see the
    > screen with 'connecting to .. etc.'
    > but after that the connectingbar is fully loaded -> error message: 'failed
    > to connect to server'
    >
    > What's wrong?
    >
    > My internet connection is cable/LAN.
    >
    > Do I need some patch or do you have to join a game with the same version??
    >
    > Please help..
    >
    > Thanks!!!

    "Reinder Herder" <rherder@garyp.nl> wrote:

    >Now I have got the original game (also 2CD's)
    >The game works fine, no problem at all.

    Did you install the current patches? 1.6 full and 1.61 incremental? If
    not, you may want to do so.

    JK'04 aka Elkrider

Connection Multiplayer Games Video Games