Lost in cyberspace

I put up a post a few minutes back, but I don't see it. This is a test
post.

I was testing this particular newsgroup, as I generally have no trouble
posting. I received no error messages, but my post still hadn't showed
up after 30 minutes. Both posts showed up within a couple of minutes
of each other - about 5 minutes or so after I posted this second post.

BTW I removed 'Lost in cyberspace' (almost a day ago) as soon as I saw
my original post finally make it. I'm surprised you found it, as it
listed for less than an hour.

I see the little blip about replying to usenet, but frankly I am
unfamiliar with it.

In <1121382051.024437.207710@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> on 14 Jul 2005
16:00:51 -0700, "GomJabbar" <dkbatson@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I put up a post a few minutes back, but I don't see it. This is a test
>post.

Your test failed: Your post showed up here, instead of a test newsgroup.
Your newsreader appears to be posting to the wrong group.

In the future please use a test newsgroup (e.g., alt.test, comp.test,
microsoft.public.test, misc.test, rec.test, regional test newsgroup, test
newsgroup set up by your ISP) -- that's what they are there for, and you'll
get the additional benefit of automatic confirmations by various remote
servers. Thanks for your consideration.

In <1121461386.656426.276110@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> on 15 Jul 2005
14:03:06 -0700, "GomJabbar" <dkbatson@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I was testing this particular newsgroup, as I generally have no trouble
>posting. I received no error messages, but my post still hadn't showed
>up after 30 minutes. Both posts showed up within a couple of minutes
>of each other - about 5 minutes or so after I posted this second post.

That's what "test" newsgroups are for.

>BTW I removed 'Lost in cyberspace' (almost a day ago) as soon as I saw
>my original post finally make it. I'm surprised you found it, as it
>listed for less than an hour.

FYI, most newservers don't honor Cancels.