Wireless Zero Configuration

KatanaBob

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2005
In Battlefield 2 I got alot of sudden lag spikes frequently. (always at the worst of times of course)
I tested the game on another PC and found out it was my wireless connection that was to blame, so I looked around for solutions and found this:

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefie...392&tid=1708458

The thing is, when I turn off Wireless zero configuration in an effort to solve the lag spikes, (which, lucky for me, actually worked)
my adapter strangely loses connection after 10-15 min (not right away which you'd expect if there was something wrong) , and is unable to reconnect without re-enabling wireless zero configuration. Anyone know a way to fix this?

Another thing, is there an alternative to WZC? Obviously, I don't want Windows' network configurator as it, as mentioned, screws up my game. Any program that I can download for instance?

I'm using a network card that came together with my motherboard, a "MSI Nforce3 ultra -54" or something. Because of that, I don't know who made the card, so I don't know what drivers/program to download either.
I did check at MSI's site if they had any firmware for my card (even though I have no idea what firmware is) but none of them recognized my card.

Anyway, that's not too important as long as I can get a solution to the disconnects.

My network card: 802.11g PCI Wireless Network Adapter

Thanks in advance.

riser

Illustrious
Download MSI's LiveUpdate, it'll search their site through a neat program, download firmwares/bios updates/drivers and install them for you. It's really a great utliity. That will find the drivers for your wireless card.

You get 2 options with wireless, either the card gives drivers or you use windows.