Your badges section is working.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Hold off on the jubilant outbursts - it's still being worked on and all the glitches have not been tended to quite yet. If it stops working again today, you'll know it's because we're still hammering out some of the remaining bugs with badges and best answers.

I don't get back to this area too often, but I guess badges is still not fixed ?
Still sitting at Lieutenant, and 2 yrs was Nov 2011.

Also, Best answers: I don't think I have seen a way to see how many remain in forum to achieve next level ? Is that possible ?

Area51reopened. Thanks, but maybe I am confused. I see Lieutenant on my profile, but thought it went to Captain after 2 years, Admiral after 3 years.
Been two years since 11/2011.

The US rollout was delayed because they had some serious issues with the new platform on the other language servers. We are waiting while they work out the bugs.

Thanks aford but I have an update. Had a PM and apparently I'm now a Chief of the Watch (hope it's a dog watch at my age) and the link in the PM takes me a to a Profile page which is up to date but it's not the same as the page I see when I click on my Profile. That page shows three badges - the one I just saw shows all eleven.

Strange.

Hi aford10,

is there any way to get it into one place? I mean I have the Captains badge in the Tom's guide, will be the Admiral badge there too?

Anyway, what is the rule to earn it there? I don't get that part. What are the bases for it?

Do u know? Does anyone know : )

I'm not real sure why the years of service badges are showing up in the Tom's Guide section. Most badges will be applied in the particular forum where they are earned/selected as best answer.

The rumor is, that the UK section will disappear in the new platform, but that's just what I've heard.

Tom's guide is owing me the silver hammer : )

Did u notice the YESTERDAY'S TOP COMMUNITY USERS @ http://www.tomsguide.com/

Is it coming to http://www.tomshardware.com as well?

I know the badge system has it's flaws. However, the ultimate goal shouldn't be about badges or hammers. Hopefully the system will be improved on with the new software.

I did see that. I saw Mousemonkey is tearing it up over there. You're also doing a great job, and making a fantastic impact!

I just noticed that.

Thanx, I could not sleep, but man, Mousemonkey is on fire : ) +1145 points
bounce.gif

I remember, once I wanted to comment on something, so I had to log in the Tom's Guide and than I never got it, till I read your post about some badges ending up in the GB or Tom's Guide. Sure enough I have some overseas too.

Did u ever log-in in to the Tom's Guide?

I did about 2 times and maybe that contributed to the wrong badge placement.