Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Your badges section is working.

Last response: in Forum Feedback
October 20, 2011 7:42:18 AM

Your badges section is upgraded and working as of right now.

Thank you Team!

More about : badges section working

Best solution

October 20, 2011 12:45:31 PM

Ha ha .. And Yes ... It's working :D  and makes me happy , thank's to tomshardware teams.
October 20, 2011 2:06:22 PM

Hold off on the jubilant outbursts - it's still being worked on and all the glitches have not been tended to quite yet. If it stops working again today, you'll know it's because we're still hammering out some of the remaining bugs with badges and best answers.
m
l
Related resources
October 29, 2011 2:07:16 PM

Not working for me as of 10/25/11
m
l
December 10, 2011 12:57:40 AM

Best answer selected by nikorr.
m
l
December 10, 2011 6:00:17 AM

Seeing this thread marked as Solved almost made me think it had been fixed. :D 

m
l
December 10, 2011 6:22:31 AM

Saga Lout said:

Seeing this thread marked as Solved almost made me think it had been fixed. :D 

:D  For the Time Being .....
m
l
January 7, 2012 9:33:44 AM

I don't get back to this area too often, but I guess badges is still not fixed ?
Still sitting at Lieutenant, and 2 yrs was Nov 2011.

Also, Best answers: I don't think I have seen a way to see how many remain in forum to achieve next level ? Is that possible ?
m
l
January 7, 2012 10:15:15 AM

ksiemb said:
Also, Best answers: I don't think I have seen a way to see how many remain in forum to achieve next level ? Is that possible ?
Check the sticky topic Member Rankings: Points, Status & Badges for an excellent guide put together by saint19
m
l
January 7, 2012 6:54:55 PM

ksiemb,go to tom's guide and go to their forum section and i bet your Lieutenant badge is there.That's where they put mine in August,i found it there a couple of days ago.Why it was placed there baffles me.
m
l
January 7, 2012 7:15:00 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
ksiemb,go to tom's guide and go to their forum section and i bet your Lieutenant badge is there.That's where they put mine in August,i found it there a couple of days ago.Why it was placed there baffles me.

Area51reopened. Thanks, but maybe I am confused. I see Lieutenant on my profile, but thought it went to Captain after 2 years, Admiral after 3 years.
Been two years since 11/2011.
m
l
January 7, 2012 7:18:44 PM

I just wanted to point out that is where some of the badges get placed for some reason.I meant that is where my capt. badge is.
m
l
January 8, 2012 4:34:54 AM

I checked after reading your post, A51, and my Profile is as out of date there as anywhere else. :D 

Quarter 1 2011 was the last date I heard for completion of the Forum development - beginning to sound like a British Government development timetable.

m
l
January 8, 2012 4:47:29 AM

Saga Lout said:

I checked after reading your post, A51, and my Profile is as out of date there as anywhere else. :D 

Quarter 1 2011 was the last date I heard for completion of the Forum development - beginning to sound like a British Government development timetable.

The US rollout was delayed because they had some serious issues with the new platform on the other language servers. We are waiting while they work out the bugs.
m
l
January 8, 2012 4:50:48 AM

Thanks aford but I have an update. Had a PM and apparently I'm now a Chief of the Watch (hope it's a dog watch at my age) and the link in the PM takes me a to a Profile page which is up to date but it's not the same as the page I see when I click on my Profile. That page shows three badges - the one I just saw shows all eleven.

Strange.

m
l
January 8, 2012 4:58:20 AM

It's the difference in the US and UK forums. You have 11 in the US forum, and 3 in the UK forum. The UK forum has serious issues, and doesn't intermingle with the US forum.
m
l
January 8, 2012 5:09:35 AM

aford10 said:
It's the difference in the US and UK forums. You have 11 in the US forum, and 3 in the UK forum. The UK forum has serious issues, and doesn't intermingle with the US forum.

Hi aford10,

is there any way to get it into one place? I mean I have the Captains badge in the Tom's guide, will be the Admiral badge there too?

Anyway, what is the rule to earn it there? I don't get that part. What are the bases for it?

Do u know? Does anyone know : )
m
l
January 8, 2012 5:33:55 AM

I'm not real sure why the years of service badges are showing up in the Tom's Guide section. Most badges will be applied in the particular forum where they are earned/selected as best answer.

The rumor is, that the UK section will disappear in the new platform, but that's just what I've heard.
m
l
January 8, 2012 5:38:58 AM

aford10 said:
I'm not real sure why the years of service badges are showing up in the Tom's Guide section. Most badges will be applied in the particular forum where they are earned/selected as best answer.

The rumor is, that the UK section will disappear in the new platform, but that's just what I've heard.

Tom's guide is owing me the silver hammer : )

Did u notice the YESTERDAY'S TOP COMMUNITY USERS @ http://www.tomsguide.com/

Is it coming to http://www.tomshardware.com as well?
m
l
January 8, 2012 5:45:14 AM

I know the badge system has it's flaws. However, the ultimate goal shouldn't be about badges or hammers. Hopefully the system will be improved on with the new software.

I did see that. I saw Mousemonkey is tearing it up over there. You're also doing a great job, and making a fantastic impact!
m
l
January 8, 2012 5:51:43 AM

aford10 said:
I know the badge system has it's flaws. However, the ultimate goal shouldn't be about badges or hammers. Hopefully the system will be improved on with the new software.

I did see that. I saw is tearing it up over there. You're also doing a great job, and making a fantastic impact!

I just noticed that.

Thanx, I could not sleep, but man, Mousemonkey is on fire : ) +1145 points
m
l
January 8, 2012 11:05:15 AM

My Capt. badge has been listed on the Tom's Guide Forum also.I still don't know why it was placed there since my Lieutenant badge was properly placed here!
m
l
January 8, 2012 11:18:26 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
My Capt. badge has been listed on the Tom's Guide Forum also.I still don't know why it was placed there since my Lieutenant badge was properly placed here!

I remember, once I wanted to comment on something, so I had to log in the Tom's Guide and than I never got it, till I read your post about some badges ending up in the GB or Tom's Guide. Sure enough I have some overseas too.

Did u ever log-in in to the Tom's Guide?

I did about 2 times and maybe that contributed to the wrong badge placement.
m
l
January 8, 2012 11:22:15 AM

No, i've never logged into the guide area.My Lieutenant badge is here on the forum that's why i don't know why my Capt. badge is there.
m
l
January 8, 2012 11:43:08 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
No, i've never logged into the guide area.My Lieutenant badge is here on the forum that's why i don't know why my Capt. badge is there.

Hell, I never even knew of Tom's Guide til this morning ! I did log on there and my uniform LOOey and Captains Badge is listed there, saying I have gained three badges since January 8 2012.
m
l
January 8, 2012 11:46:45 AM

ksiemb said:
Hell, I never even knew of Tom's Guide til this morning ! I did log on there and my uniform LOOey and Captains Badge is listed there, saying I have gained three badges since January 8 2012.

Check also the UK site of the Tom's. I got some there too : )
m
l
January 8, 2012 5:10:11 PM

ksiemb said:
No big deal - just makes one question what else is awry !

Well, dates and times for one. Sometimes I see posts which shouldn't be made for another six hours but only just arrived! In the UK we can't change the date format from the, to us, confusing US format to our own so in the interests of an all-round improvement it would be better to sacrifice the UK site and concentrate on the main event.

m
l
January 11, 2012 11:08:11 AM

nikorr said:
Mousemonkey is on fire : ) +1145 points
What's ever he's doing doesn't seem to be helping his THG forum ranking point score.
I think it's been decreasing. Awhile back he was closing in on 70K points and it's 58117 now.
His January '12 forum ranking is 650218 out of 653222 with zero points.
m
l
January 11, 2012 11:12:43 AM

WR2 said:
What's ever he's doing doesn't seem to be helping his THG forum ranking point score.
I think it's been decreasing. Awhile back he was closing in on 70K points and it's 58117 now.
His January '12 forum ranking is 650218 out of 653222 with zero points.

I did notice that too. Strange, have not seen that yet...

Day after day, he should have been first by now : ) The points could still show up.

m
l
January 19, 2012 12:37:55 PM

nikorr said:
I did notice that too. Strange, have not seen that yet...

Day after day, he should have been first by now : ) The points could still show up.

On three separate occasions since your post, I've had notifications of posts from Mousemonkey, including one today at 12:36 Every time I come in to read it, the thread ends with your post and my reply is barred as it's a closed thread. It doesn't show as one on the main page. What is going on?

m
l
January 19, 2012 4:16:43 PM

Looks like MM had closed, and then reopened the thread.
m
l
!