Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Homebuilt System, Would like a price

Last response: in Systems
March 12, 2012 11:13:49 PM

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on this site and I have my custom built computer that works fantastically and I'm looking to see how much I can sell it for. As i said this computer works fantastically and I have been taking great care of it, including hardware and software. I would be comfortable selling my dual monitor setup as well, preferably just my HP w2007 monitor, but my secondary is a Flatron E2050T.

The specs of the computer are, starting with the case. Cable management is fantastic (if i do say so myself) for a non-modular psu.
Case - NZXT Zero 2 (Full Tower ATX, full of 4 LED blue 120mm fans side with fan controller (6-channel) also including all stock fans)
Motherboard - Gigabyte AM3+ 990fxa-ud3
CPU - AMD FX 6100 clocked to 3.6ghz
RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Corsair Vengence
Video Cards - Crossfire Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770's in great condition
Hard Drives - 500GB Seagate ST3500630AS ATA and 640GB Western Digital Caviar Black WD6402AAEX-00Z3A0 ATA
CD/DVD Drive - just a basic function CD/DVD drive, unsure on the model exactly
PSU - Corsair TX650w (Great PSU and have never had any issues with it.)

An estimate would be fantastic, I'm trying to decide if I want to sell it and build a lower grade computer just for programming and low end game production as I am not playing any huge games now days.

Thank you all very much,
-Sweeneya

(I am located in the Seattle, WA area if that makes and big difference)

More about : homebuilt system price

a c 82 B Homebuilt system
March 12, 2012 11:49:53 PM

For selling a used computer you should add up the parts new and subtract 20-30% for being used. Just like when you drive a new car off the lot computer parts drop in value as soon as they are opened. Also the longer you are willing to wait the more you will get out of it. You have to remember you built the computer for yourself and you have to find someone who is willing to settle for your specs.
m
l
March 13, 2012 12:06:27 AM

Thank you, I appreciate it but I was wondering if this is too out of date (mainly the video cards) to even try to sell as a "Gamer PC" or "Enthusiast PC."
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

March 13, 2012 12:19:51 AM

With 2 x 5770s it's not really bad but combine that with a Bulldozer CPU and it's not a great gaming machine. Lower midrange at best.

Still add up the parts new and subtract about 30% for the used factor and I'm sure it will sell eventually.
March 13, 2012 12:26:30 AM

Best answer selected by sweeneya.
m
l
March 13, 2012 12:30:42 AM

Sorry I could not give you a better answer but the only way to make money building computers is to build to order or get a dealers license and buy parts in bulk for a discount. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
m
l
!