Total War: Shogun 2 crashing while loading battles with 560m?

forthisisdeath

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
It's the weirdest thing, I've updated my drivers, verified the integrity of the game cache, uninstalled and completely reinstalled the game and absolutely nothing is helping.

intel core i7-2630qm
nvidia gtx 560m

DM186

Splendid
Have you gone to tw's web site and asked this question on there forums? Which driver are you using? In my sig and you have a better GPU than I do even mine in sli your's is still better. I don't have any problems at all. Since yours is a laptop. Are you just crahing to desk top?

Now is this happning in single player or on line? If it is single then if you are using a trainer then you have to deactavait it before going into battle after battle you reactavit it. Another problem is if you are using FRAPS then it to will cause a CTD. Anyway just repost and we will go from there.

forthisisdeath

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
have lurked on tw's website, saw nothing similar happening to me. I am using the newest beta drivers for nvidia 290.53 but i also have tried with the latest stable release as well. yes, it is crashing straight to desktop, but only with battles. Multiplayer and singleplayer. Literally every other aspect of the game works perfectly. I have tried with multiple graphics settings, direct x 9 and 11. and no fraps or trainer. I literally don't know where to turn.

DM186

Splendid
When I up dated my driver to the 286 I think don't quote me on it my system acted really funny so I went back to the 280 driver and have been using it just fine with out any problems. You could try that.

Also are you using win 7 64bit or 32bit? There were problems with that as well. I will go to the forums and look I remember seeing something that was close to your problem. I will be back and maybe some one else here might know a trick or two.

DM186

Splendid
I went there and no luck all they were saying was what you have done. Uninstall the game and reinstall it, use driver sweeper to clean out all the drivers. Try old drivers. Stop programs running in the back ground.

If you have the 32bit use the work a round. Make sure your power supply is a good one. These and a few more is what they were telling the OP's what they need to do. It's almost like they won't admit that it could be the game. But I play just find.

Here is a link to help find programs running in the back ground. Let us know how things are going. Good luck to ya.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;331796