Sony vs MS

I don't get why people become obssessed with arguing over X-Box 2 vs
Playstation 3. I can maybe understand people arguing X-Box vs PS2, since you
probably have one or the other and you want yours to be "better" (though
arguing this is still pathetic). But why are people showing such loyalty to
the company that made their current console? What's the point? I own an
X-Box and love it, but if PS3 blows the doors off X-Box2 I'll be getting a
PS3, and vise-versa. Unless you have some financial stake in MS or Sony its
kind of pathetic to be so defensive over something that hasn't even come out
yet, and that you had nothing to do with.

- Cryo

It makes insecure people feel better and gives them a purpose in their
lives.
"Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in message
> I don't get why people become obssessed with arguing over X-Box 2 vs
> Playstation 3. I can maybe understand people arguing X-Box vs PS2, since
you
> probably have one or the other and you want yours to be "better" (though
> arguing this is still pathetic). But why are people showing such loyalty
> the company that made their current console? What's the point? I own an
> X-Box and love it, but if PS3 blows the doors off X-Box2 I'll be getting a
> PS3, and vise-versa. Unless you have some financial stake in MS or Sony
its
> kind of pathetic to be so defensive over something that hasn't even come
out
> yet, and that you had nothing to do with.
>
> - Cryo

"Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in message
>I don't get why people become obssessed with arguing over X-Box 2 vs
>Playstation 3. I can maybe understand people arguing X-Box vs PS2, since
>you probably have one or the other and you want yours to be "better"
>(though arguing this is still pathetic). But why are people showing such
>loyalty to the company that made their current console? What's the point? I
>own an X-Box and love it, but if PS3 blows the doors off X-Box2 I'll be
>getting a PS3, and vise-versa. Unless you have some financial stake in MS
>or Sony its kind of pathetic to be so defensive over something that hasn't
>even come out yet, and that you had nothing to do with.
>
> - Cryo

I like ps2 games and there exclusives like mgs and gt series and also the
gta series and some titles coming out like god of war. But I just got an
xbox because of the good things I heard about it. I especially wanted to
play Halo 2. Without a doubt that is a fun game. And it looks damn good on a
60" big screen. I even play hl2 and doom 3 and this is a great game even
compared to those, graphics and all. Although those are the latest and
greatest. Halo 2 and the xbox still hold up well for a console.

I bought a used copy of rallysport and its a fun racing game. Nice clean,
fast graphics. Forza just might be the gt killer there trying to be.
I didnt really think the xbox's graphics would be this good.

But in the end I like both consoles just the same. There $150 each so buy
both.

it all comes down to games whoever releases better games in november wins

"Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in message
>I don't get why people become obssessed with arguing over X-Box 2 vs
>Playstation 3. I can maybe understand people arguing X-Box vs PS2, since
>you probably have one or the other and you want yours to be "better"
>(though arguing this is still pathetic). But why are people showing such
>loyalty to the company that made their current console? What's the point? I
>own an X-Box and love it, but if PS3 blows the doors off X-Box2 I'll be
>getting a PS3, and vise-versa. Unless you have some financial stake in MS
>or Sony its kind of pathetic to be so defensive over something that hasn't
>even come out yet, and that you had nothing to do with.
>
> - Cryo

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Cryofax" wrote in message
> I don't get why people become obssessed with arguing over X-Box 2 vs
> Playstation 3. I can maybe understand people arguing X-Box vs PS2, since
you
> probably have one or the other and you want yours to be "better" (though
> arguing this is still pathetic). But why are people showing such loyalty
> the company that made their current console? What's the point? I own an
> X-Box and love it, but if PS3 blows the doors off X-Box2 I'll be getting a
> PS3, and vise-versa. Unless you have some financial stake in MS or Sony
its
> kind of pathetic to be so defensive over something that hasn't even come
out
> yet, and that you had nothing to do with.
>
> - Cryo

I don't why they do either. What exactly do they get if their favorite
plastic box "wins"? Certaintly not competitive prices.

I'm sure I'll eventually have all three consoles of the next generation, as
I do now and have had in previous generations.

When you have all the consoles, the hardware becomes transparant and you
only think about the games. I.e., when discussing games with someone else
with all three consoles you don't even bring up the hardware except as an
afterthought for multi-console platform games. If its a game exclusive to a
specific console, then its just automatically assumed which console the
person talking about the game is playing it on.

Cheers,
-Eric

"Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in message
>I don't get why people become obssessed with arguing over X-Box 2 vs
>Playstation 3. I can maybe understand people arguing X-Box vs PS2, since
>you probably have one or the other and you want yours to be "better"
>(though arguing this is still pathetic). But why are people showing such
>loyalty to the company that made their current console? What's the point? I
>own an X-Box and love it, but if PS3 blows the doors off X-Box2 I'll be
>getting a PS3, and vise-versa. Unless you have some financial stake in MS
>or Sony its kind of pathetic to be so defensive over something that hasn't
>even come out yet, and that you had nothing to do with.
>
> - Cryo

Your right, I don't remember the last time I read such a prolonged, heated
and mass argument on a newsgroup about which Refrigerator was better

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

With me it will all be about Halo's, that game alone sells the system. Halo
multiplayer online is the most fun a guy can have outside the bedroom. So
unless Sony Playstation 3 blows me away I will be back on the Xbox 2.
Brad

The Don wrote:
> "Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in message
>
>>I don't get why people become obssessed with arguing over X-Box 2 vs
>>Playstation 3. I can maybe understand people arguing X-Box vs PS2, since
>>you probably have one or the other and you want yours to be "better"
>>(though arguing this is still pathetic). But why are people showing such
>>loyalty to the company that made their current console? What's the point? I
>>own an X-Box and love it, but if PS3 blows the doors off X-Box2 I'll be
>>getting a PS3, and vise-versa. Unless you have some financial stake in MS
>>or Sony its kind of pathetic to be so defensive over something that hasn't
>>even come out yet, and that you had nothing to do with.
>>
>>- Cryo
>>

> Your right, I don't remember the last time I read such a prolonged, heated
> and mass argument on a newsgroup about which Refrigerator was better

exactly, and the thing is....IT'S ALL FREE ADVERTISING FOR BOTH COMPANIES

> With me it will all be about Halo's, that game alone sells the system.

Exactly. I am tempted to buy a Gamecube specifically for Resident Evil
games. And at $69 for a refurbed unit at my local EB, You can't beat that
price.

"Eric" <ericmau001a@hotmail.remove.com> wrote in message

> "Cryofax" wrote in message
>> I don't get why people become obssessed with arguing over X-Box 2 vs
>> Playstation 3. I can maybe understand people arguing X-Box vs PS2, since
> you
>> probably have one or the other and you want yours to be "better" (though
>> arguing this is still pathetic). But why are people showing such loyalty
>> the company that made their current console? What's the point? I own an
>> X-Box and love it, but if PS3 blows the doors off X-Box2 I'll be getting
>> PS3, and vise-versa. Unless you have some financial stake in MS or Sony
> its
>> kind of pathetic to be so defensive over something that hasn't even come
> out
>> yet, and that you had nothing to do with.
>>
>> - Cryo
>
> I don't why they do either. What exactly do they get if their favorite
> plastic box "wins"? Certaintly not competitive prices.
>
> I'm sure I'll eventually have all three consoles of the next generation,
> as
> I do now and have had in previous generations.
>
> When you have all the consoles, the hardware becomes transparant and you
> only think about the games. I.e., when discussing games with someone
> else
> with all three consoles you don't even bring up the hardware except as an
> afterthought for multi-console platform games. If its a game exclusive to
> specific console, then its just automatically assumed which console the
> person talking about the game is playing it on.
>
> Cheers,
> -Eric

Except for the controllers. I simply detest the PS2 controllers, but love
the XBOX S-Controller. I bought a PS2 specifically to play Ace Combat 4/5,
Gran Turismo 3/4, and Transformers, but sold it after I couldn't stand the
controllers. And I couldn't find a decent PS2 controller that felt good in
my hand.

Brad <bdarnell1966@comcast.net> wrote:
> With me it will all be about Halo's, that game alone sells the system. Halo
> multiplayer online is the most fun a guy can have outside the bedroom. So
> unless Sony Playstation 3 blows me away I will be back on the Xbox 2.

If Halo is your sole determining factor, then it's already a foregone
conclusion you'll be buying a new XBox when Halo3 comes out.

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

fine with me!
Brad
"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
> Brad <bdarnell1966@comcast.net> wrote:
> > With me it will all be about Halo's, that game alone sells the system.
Halo
> > multiplayer online is the most fun a guy can have outside the bedroom.
So
> > unless Sony Playstation 3 blows me away I will be back on the Xbox 2.
>
> If Halo is your sole determining factor, then it's already a foregone
> conclusion you'll be buying a new XBox when Halo3 comes out.

Strychnine

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2004

"Brad" <bdarnell1966@comcast.net> wrote in message
> fine with me!
> Brad
> "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
>> Brad <bdarnell1966@comcast.net> wrote:
>> > With me it will all be about Halo's, that game alone sells the system.
> Halo
>> > multiplayer online is the most fun a guy can have outside the bedroom.
> So
>> > unless Sony Playstation 3 blows me away I will be back on the Xbox 2.
>>
>> If Halo is your sole determining factor, then it's already a foregone
>> conclusion you'll be buying a new XBox when Halo3 comes out.

Hell Yeah!
Strychnine

"Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in message
I own an
> X-Box and love it, but if PS3 blows the doors off X-Box2 I'll be getting a
> PS3, and vise-versa.

I agree. The only thing I worry about is getting console X because it's
"better" but have popular opinion go for console Y. The result could be a
dearth of games for console X or even its demise.

In other words, perception can influence reality in this case.

"jkl" <ahmedbasic@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> it all comes down to games whoever releases better games in november wins

In that case PS3 will definitely not win. They won't have any games (or the
system) out then.

I Tjink i wil get Both X-Box 2 And PS3

i have a ps2 and a x-box and i like them both
so if you have the money then stop arguing and get them
both

"Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> schreef in bericht

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message

> "Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in message
> >I don't get why people become obssessed with arguing over X-Box 2 vs
> >Playstation 3. I can maybe understand people arguing X-Box vs PS2, since
> >you probably have one or the other and you want yours to be "better"
> >(though arguing this is still pathetic). But why are people showing such
> >loyalty to the company that made their current console? What's the point?
> >own an X-Box and love it, but if PS3 blows the doors off X-Box2 I'll be
> >getting a PS3, and vise-versa. Unless you have some financial stake in MS
> >or Sony its kind of pathetic to be so defensive over something that
hasn't
> >even come out yet, and that you had nothing to do with.
> >
> > - Cryo
> >
> I like ps2 games and there exclusives like mgs and gt series and also the
> gta series and some titles coming out like god of war. But I just got an
> xbox because of the good things I heard about it. I especially wanted to
> play Halo 2. Without a doubt that is a fun game. And it looks damn good on
> 60" big screen. I even play hl2 and doom 3 and this is a great game even
> compared to those, graphics and all. Although those are the latest and
> greatest. Halo 2 and the xbox still hold up well for a console.
>
> I bought a used copy of rallysport and its a fun racing game. Nice clean,
> fast graphics. Forza just might be the gt killer there trying to be.
> I didnt really think the xbox's graphics would be this good.
>
> But in the end I like both consoles just the same. There $150 each so buy
> both.

I completely agree. I have a PS2 and an Xbox and I play all the great games
on both of them. I even bought a Gamecube because it was dirt cheap and I
wanted to play the Metroid Prime games. The MGS remake was pretty good too.
I don't worry about which console is "better", they each have great games
and I enjoy them all.