Windows Picture and Fax Viewer Question

I like WPFV for cursing through a folder of images. When I find a picture I
want to play with I want the Editor icon to open Paint Shop Pro instead of
MS Paint. I think I used to know how to set that up but cannot remember.
Anyone know how to make the change? Thanks.

--
Darrell

My email: darrell@darrellbassett.com
My web site: www.darrellbassett.com
4 answers Last reply
More about windows picture viewer question

    Darrell,

    Default editor is mspaint. To change the default editor to a third-party
    program, reinstall the respective application, or directly set the registry
    entry:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\edit\command

    In the right-pane, set the value of (default) to the full path of the editor
    program which you want to use.

    Examples:
    REG_EXPAND_SZ
    "%systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1"

    REG_SZ
    c:\windows\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1"
    -or-
    "c:\program files\my editor\editor.exe" "%1"

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    "Darrell" <darrellb58@comcast.net> wrote in message
    I like WPFV for cursing through a folder of images. When I find a picture I
    want to play with I want the Editor icon to open Paint Shop Pro instead of
    MS Paint. I think I used to know how to set that up but cannot remember.
    Anyone know how to make the change? Thanks.

    --
    Darrell

    My email: darrell@darrellbassett.com
    My web site: www.darrellbassett.com

    Thanks Ramesh.

    Darrell

    > Darrell,
    >
    > Default editor is mspaint. To change the default editor to a third-party
    > program, reinstall the respective application, or directly set the
    > registry
    > entry:
    >
    > HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\edit\command
    >
    > In the right-pane, set the value of (default) to the full path of the
    > editor
    > program which you want to use.
    >
    > Examples:
    > REG_EXPAND_SZ
    > "%systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1"
    >
    > REG_SZ
    > c:\windows\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1"
    > -or-
    > "c:\program files\my editor\editor.exe" "%1"
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "Darrell" <darrellb58@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I like WPFV for cursing through a folder of images. When I find a picture
    > want to play with I want the Editor icon to open Paint Shop Pro instead of
    > MS Paint. I think I used to know how to set that up but cannot remember.
    > Anyone know how to make the change? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Darrell
    >
    > My email: darrell@darrellbassett.com
    > My web site: www.darrellbassett.com

    You're welcome.

    --

    Thanks Ramesh.

    Darrell

    > Darrell,
    >
    > Default editor is mspaint. To change the default editor to a third-party
    > program, reinstall the respective application, or directly set the
    > registry
    > entry:
    >
    > HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\edit\command
    >
    > In the right-pane, set the value of (default) to the full path of the
    > editor
    > program which you want to use.
    >
    > Examples:
    > REG_EXPAND_SZ
    > "%systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1"
    >
    > REG_SZ
    > c:\windows\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1"
    > -or-
    > "c:\program files\my editor\editor.exe" "%1"
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "Darrell" <darrellb58@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I like WPFV for cursing through a folder of images. When I find a picture
    > want to play with I want the Editor icon to open Paint Shop Pro instead of
    > MS Paint. I think I used to know how to set that up but cannot remember.
    > Anyone know how to make the change? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Darrell
    >
    > My email: darrell@darrellbassett.com
    > My web site: www.darrellbassett.com

    If you want to make the changes for a *particular* file-type only, rather
    than all "Image" types, see:
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/imgeditor.htm

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    "Darrell" <darrellb58@comcast.net> wrote in message
    Thanks Ramesh.

    Darrell

    > Darrell,
    >
    > Default editor is mspaint. To change the default editor to a third-party
    > program, reinstall the respective application, or directly set the
    > registry
    > entry:
    >
    > HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\edit\command
    >
    > In the right-pane, set the value of (default) to the full path of the
    > editor
    > program which you want to use.
    >
    > Examples:
    > REG_EXPAND_SZ
    > "%systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1"
    >
    > REG_SZ
    > c:\windows\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1"
    > -or-
    > "c:\program files\my editor\editor.exe" "%1"
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "Darrell" <darrellb58@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I like WPFV for cursing through a folder of images. When I find a picture
    > want to play with I want the Editor icon to open Paint Shop Pro instead of
    > MS Paint. I think I used to know how to set that up but cannot remember.
    > Anyone know how to make the change? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Darrell
    >
    > My email: darrell@darrellbassett.com
    > My web site: www.darrellbassett.com