Sign in with
Your question

Help again Good guys Please. Thanks.

Last response: in Components
June 27, 2012 9:36:41 AM

Guys, i have this problem. I have just bought a computer and its like 3-4 months old right now. Im having this problem that when i turn on the computer, press the power button, the computer runs but dont display something at the monitor, the monitor turns orange. But the case is lighting and it is steady red light. I thought the monitor was the problem so i push of the monitor and turned it on again and yeah it turns on displaying the Dell screen but after that, it goes on black again and the button of monitor turns orange again (still havnt tried other monitors since i dont have other one)
Guys can you help me fix or pinpoint the problem of my computer? Please guys im counting on your replies. Thanks. :??:  :??:  :??: 

More about : good guys

June 27, 2012 9:44:46 AM

Sounds like a problem with your connection between the monitor and the PC. Try switching out the VGA/DVI cable for another one. Do you have a dedicated graphics card? If so, disconnect that and then try with onboard.

If neither of these work then there's a worse underlying problem, but it sounds like your monitor is fine.
m
l
June 27, 2012 9:49:34 AM

namelessmuffin said:
Sounds like a problem with your connection between the monitor and the PC. Try switching out the VGA/DVI cable for another one. Do you have a dedicated graphics card? If so, disconnect that and then try with onboard.

If neither of these work then there's a worse underlying problem, but it sounds like your monitor is fine.

Ok dude, ill try to transfer the cable.
And also, what do you mean dedicated graphics card? I have a video card GT 220 1GB installed . Thanks for the reply buddy.
m
l
June 29, 2012 12:00:39 AM

dedicated graphics means its on an independent card. in your case yes. almost all motherboards/cpu's have some form of integrated graphics to at least give you a display in case the dedicated card goes down.
m
l
Related resources
!