2000$ - Need your help between 2 options (gaming rig)

Karass

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Hi guys, Im looking for a prebuilt system for 2000$ (from canada)

I have 2 choices right now that seem interesting and theses guys are not far from where I live so its a BIG plus for me in case anything goes wrong.

1st choice (water cooled) 2'029$ : https://www.gamingpc.ca/purchase.php?pcID=4

2nd choice (air cooled) 1'900$ : https://www.gamingpc.ca/purchase.php?pcID=7 . Swapping the 570GTX for the 580GTX brings me to 1'900$. I could even throw in the i7 2600k for 129$ and be at 2'029, exactly the same price as my first option.

What do you guys think? My thought tell me I should go with the second one.

Thanks for helping :)

Solution
@Karass
lol, considering your GPU alone cost's ~$500 I dobut you would get that kind of response ;) Granted, if you shop arround then you could probably shave a little money off, but it looks like a good build and a fair price to me

@dish_moose
p67 is perfectly good for this build. z68 only adds SSD caching and the ability to use the onboard GPU for fast but crappy rendering. There are some other perks to having a z68 board just in the quality of the build because they are 'premium' boards, but the board chosen should fit all of the OP's requirements just fine.

Lastly; I agree, water cooling (while fun to do) generally creates more complications than actually being helpful. I mean if you want to run a high OC duel GPU setup that...
Well, Air cooling does decrease the complexity of the build... upgrading to the 2600K would NOT give you a noticeable improvement in gaming, as games do not take advantage of the hyper-threading. Just based on your descriptions above, I would go for the air-cooled option, with the 580.

hotthree

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011

Please explain why? p67 and z68 = pretty much the same boards except p67 doesn't have onboard graphics which you do not need anyways because he will be using a gtx 580.

Go for second one. Stay with 2500k, Stay with 750watt antec psu (the upgrade to ocz isnt great quality), stay with current memory (every company gouges memory).

Water Cooling is overrated. Unless you want the "wow" factor.

This build would probably cost you in the ballpark of 1300-1400 if you built on your own. depending on what periphrials you get with the system with this deal. Building is very easy if you ever get into it and can be put together in a day or 2 being a complete beginner. Not being some pompus jerk, just saying in case you ever do get the itch to build one.

I would say the hardest part of building a computer is trouble shooting if anything goes wrong. This is where forums come to the rescue ha.

Good Luck with the new comp!

@Karass
lol, considering your GPU alone cost's ~$500 I dobut you would get that kind of response ;) Granted, if you shop arround then you could probably shave a little money off, but it looks like a good build and a fair price to me

@dish_moose
p67 is perfectly good for this build. z68 only adds SSD caching and the ability to use the onboard GPU for fast but crappy rendering. There are some other perks to having a z68 board just in the quality of the build because they are 'premium' boards, but the board chosen should fit all of the OP's requirements just fine.

Lastly; I agree, water cooling (while fun to do) generally creates more complications than actually being helpful. I mean if you want to run a high OC duel GPU setup that is absolutely silent then you have to go with water cooling, but for just a basic OC good old copper will do the trick just fine, and if you have quality fans in the system then there should not be much issue with noise. And NEVER sacrifice performance parts for the sake of gaining water cooling. Water cooling should only ever be done AFTER buying high end hardware.

Solution

hotthree

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011

Karass

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

Well that was exactly my main concern, I didnt want to sacrifice performance for water cooling so you confirm my thoughts. Moneywise, the 2nd build seemed to give me more performance for my money.

About building it, can you believe I have a computer programming degree ? However Ive done it about 10 years ago and every time I have built it myself, I have ALWAYS ended up with a defect part, defect software, backorder part, mail delays, etc.. etc..etc.. So after a while I just decided to buy prebuilt pcs .... even tho I still have ONE MAJOR problem everytime for some reason, things that normally never happen, well it happens to me. :heink: My orders are never ready at the delivery date, something happen every single time, and once it finaly arrive , I have to make sure I have all the right components I ordered because its not always the case...

However, it happened once that I received 2 computers instead of one :pt1cable: Yep and they never found out about it so I just sold one a couple weeks later. :sol: (thanks DELL)

Karass

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Well , my order was made last week and so far there is already a problem lol, their VISA account didnt work the day of my order so I lost 1 week before they found out about it...

Ah well, at least they replaced the 1333mhz ram for the 1600 mhz as an apology :)

GamingPcca

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Yes sorry about that, we really got screw up by Paypal on that one. We just got our new account setup with Paypal merchant service and they put our account on hold for the time they make verifications. You got in-between the old credit card provider and the new Paypal services.

I’m sorry about those 3 days of additional delay, and I hope you like the compensation.
Thanks for your order and I wish you to enjoy your new gaming pc.

P.S.: your machine will ship tomorrow.
Thanks again!

-GamingPc.ca

Karass

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
No problem really, like I said earlier, I'm cursed for any order I make online... and one week aint much in my case.. ;)

Again, thanks for the 1600mhz memory even if I didnt ask for anything and I was not mad at all when we spoke on the phone, this shows great customer care. I will remember for my next pc! ( unless the computer you send me is a major fail :p )

So far so good!