Chaos Theory Demo

I've played the Demo for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory a few times. I
was wondering if anyone had ever been able to save the Engineer. I've
tried turning off all of the generators I could reach, and tried
running up and bashing the door to distract the Guerillas, but the guy
is always "Dead as Elvis".

Personally, I would have said "Dead as Disco".

Mike McCormick

Baskaa wrote:
> I've played the Demo for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory a few times.
> was wondering if anyone had ever been able to save the Engineer.
I've
> tried turning off all of the generators I could reach, and tried
> running up and bashing the door to distract the Guerillas, but the
guy
> is always "Dead as Elvis".
>
> Personally, I would have said "Dead as Disco".

FWIW, Disco isn't exactly dead. Pretty much just the name changed, to
"House".

http://www.juno.co.uk/house.htm

For a list of 200+ releases just this week. Admittedly, not all house
sounds like disco, but a lot could be straight out of the 70s.

robin

"Baskaa" <mccormm@indy.net> wrote in message
> I've played the Demo for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory a
> few times. I
> was wondering if anyone had ever been able to save the
> Engineer. I've
> tried turning off all of the generators I could reach, and
> tried
> running up and bashing the door to distract the Guerillas,
> but the guy
> is always "Dead as Elvis".
>
> Personally, I would have said "Dead as Disco".
>
> Mike McCormick

The trailers for this game look very nice. I really hope it
lives up. It looks grittier and edgier. I've read that it
allows the player to decide whether to use a stealthy or a
balls to the wall type style. Have you found that to be
true so far?

On 17 Mar 2005 06:21:33 -0800, "Baskaa" <mccormm@indy.net> wrote:

> I've played the Demo for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory a few times. I
>was wondering if anyone had ever been able to save the Engineer. I've
>tried turning off all of the generators I could reach, and tried
>running up and bashing the door to distract the Guerillas, but the guy
>is always "Dead as Elvis".
>
> Personally, I would have said "Dead as Disco".
>
> Mike McCormick

I wondered the same thing at first but the answer is no, you cant save
the engineer or kill the guerilla group leader. Those events are part
of the story.

If I remember correctly, you pda will show those missions as canceled
rather than failed. I believe that's how the game distinguishes
between missions that are canceled due to story advancement and those
you simply didn't complete.

I've found that you can pretty much play it in "Angel of Death" mode.
When you've grabbed a guy, you can choose to knock him out by limiting
his air supply (left trigger), or snap his neck like a twig (right
trigger). The same options apply when you're using hand-to-hand against
someone.

On the other hand, Fisher's suit does not protect him against bullets
at all. A couple of rounds is all it takes to take him out. You
definitely want to initiate any combat that goes on in the game. That
would seem to limit "Balls to the Wall" activity.

Mike