Desktop icons

October 9, 2004 4:28:17 AM

On my desktop, the text under the icons is placed within
a colored "box." How do I eliminate those
colored "boxes" so that just the texts uhdereach icon
appears?" Thanks.

More about : desktop icons

Anonymous
October 9, 2004 7:38:39 AM

Rosemarie wrote:
> On my desktop, the text under the icons is placed within
> a colored "box." How do I eliminate those
> colored "boxes" so that just the texts uhdereach icon
> appears?" Thanks.

Check the following 2 options.

Right-click on your desktop and select Arrange icons by, make sure that the
Lock Web Items on Desktop option is not selected.

Go to Control Panel/System/Advanced Tab. In the Performance section, click
the Settings Button. Click the Visual Effects Tab and scroll down to the
bottom of that list. Select the "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the
desktop" option.
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP