kikiking

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
well today is the 9th correct?

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/33453-amd-radeon-hd-7970-launch-day-pricing-availability/

Here it is people the device you may have all been waiting for or not, who knows.

kikiking

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010

sounds right to do.... I may keep these 6770's x2 when i get another soonish... only got1 atm in my sandy bridge pc.. I am building an ivy bridge this year... and going to add the 7970 to it probably.

if it turns out right I may just upgrade to ivy bridge and 7970 on older pc.

but it all depends wtf they do with pildedriver...

Ninja Pants

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
As expected the 7970's have launched at the 6990 price point (here anyway) and don't quite have the performance to match (OC almost gets it there from reviews I've read). If you have the patience to wait out any CF issues (if any) upon new game releases then as strange as it sounds a 6990 may pose better value? I am still confused as to AMD's tactics here. Sure its the fastest single GPU card out there but bang for your buck it's not great at all.

That said the 580 which was the fastest single GPU card sold like crazy and is about the worst bang for your buck card around so what do I know.

I just hope that in the coming months the price drops to something more in tune with the market, cause they sure are one hell of a card! I just couldn't justify buying one at this price.

kikiking

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
i'll get one this year when I do an ivy bridge build like i siad, and I may consider putting an ivy bridge in my lanboy air yellow build because..... the newer pc will be some where that I am not usually at, so it will work out in the end.

any knews on ivy bridge?