AMD FX 4100 VS AMD PHENOM II X4 960T??

Solution
Well, if you have the 30 day replacement, you might as well get the 960T then. I was trying to keep you from spending more money unnecessarily when I told you in the other thread to just OC the 4100. Will the 960T be better when both are at stock speeds? Of course it will.

PRATIKPK410

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011

why you say that ? , why they cannot be compared , i only asked this question because fx 4100 say that they are quad but they only have two modules while phenom ii a quad core has true 4 modules ,i just wanted to know this because some of guys must have used it and know what the real thing is ,
yeah its true that i have fx 4100 processor and also i have a 30 day replacement along with it ,so i was just making it sure whether it is better to stay with fx 4100 or replace it with phenom ii. Please you can understand it what my intention was!!

Both are quad core processors, just different architectures.

What do you use the computer for?

As far as gaming, a i3 dual core at stock speed is faster than a FX4100 overclocked to 4.5ghz. It's also faster than a 960T at 4ghz.

A 960T can be unlocked to a hexacore though.

PRATIKPK410

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011

i have an i5 2500k too , but my brother uses it and never let me use it ,so i am now building my own gaming pc ,thought that i should not spend more on a processor and should use that money to buy a hardcore graphics card, maybe gtx 560.... i unwantedly bought that fx but now i heard everybody saying that phenom ii was way better than those .maybe i could give it a shot and replace them... just don't know what i should do

Well, if you have the 30 day replacement, you might as well get the 960T then. I was trying to keep you from spending more money unnecessarily when I told you in the other thread to just OC the 4100. Will the 960T be better when both are at stock speeds? Of course it will.

Solution

PRATIKPK410

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011

well thank you for being so kind!!, i should now think about the graphics card were i want to spend my mass money on...