Jim

All of the three current systems are junk and the next three will be
junk also unless we see some better games. Look at the xbox' most
popular game Halo 2. Its just a crippled shooter without bots. Also the
online players are mostly tards and I cant stand listening to them. Im
not really into shooter games but battlefield 1942 is about 50 times
more fun.

even if the consoles do get some pc ports its usually junk (morrowind a
great example) I want more thinking and mind fun games rather than just
senseless action shooters. even a mediocre rpg like baldurs gate 2 for
pc is so much better than kotor 1&2.

this is not a pc vs console debate. its about the quality content of
games on one system vs another. Theres no denying I would much rather be
in front of my widescreen hdtv in my living room than at the computer
and not worry about upgrades.

So bring on the games. will the next gen systems have more pc type games
like sim city or rts games? A lot of people are voting with their wallet
but for the wrong thing. IMO the xbox games are just as childish as the
gamecube.

"Jim" <asdf@seaqf.com> wrote in message
> All of the three current systems are junk and the next three will be
> junk also unless we see some better games. Look at the xbox' most
> popular game Halo 2. Its just a crippled shooter without bots. Also the
> online players are mostly tards and I cant stand listening to them. Im
> not really into shooter games but battlefield 1942 is about 50 times
> more fun.
>
> even if the consoles do get some pc ports its usually junk (morrowind a
> great example) I want more thinking and mind fun games rather than just
> senseless action shooters. even a mediocre rpg like baldurs gate 2 for
> pc is so much better than kotor 1&2.
>
> this is not a pc vs console debate. its about the quality content of
> games on one system vs another. Theres no denying I would much rather be
> in front of my widescreen hdtv in my living room than at the computer
> and not worry about upgrades.
>
> So bring on the games. will the next gen systems have more pc type games
> like sim city or rts games? A lot of people are voting with their wallet
> but for the wrong thing. IMO the xbox games are just as childish as the
> gamecube.

Consoles games are junk? Nothing but senseless action shooters? Have you
taken a look at PC software lately? Talk about lack of variety! And you
want MORE PC ports for your consoles?

Amplitude, Frequency, Katamari Damacy, Project Gotham Racing, Karaoke
Revolution, Eye Toy, Donkey Konga, Taiko Drum Master, Ico, Dog's Life,
Mister Mosquito, Space Channel 5, Rez, Stretch Panic, Gran Turismo 4,
Knights of the Old Republic, Under the Skin, Gitaroo Man, SSX3, Tecnicbeat,
Burnout 3, Crimson Skies, Pikmin 2, Harvest Moon, Viewtiful Joe--all of them
on consoles, none of them on PC, and none of them third-person shooters or
first-person shooters.

And, by the way, if you are looking for the console that has titles that are
different from PC games, the Xbox is not it. The Xbox's library is full of
third-person shooters and first-person shooters (good ones at that, but
obviously you don't like them).

Yep, there's never been a good game. I'm still waiting after 31 years.
"Jim" <asdf@seaqf.com> wrote in message
> All of the three current systems are junk and the next three will be junk
> also unless we see some better games. Look at the xbox' most popular game
> Halo 2. Its just a crippled shooter without bots. Also the online players
> are mostly tards and I cant stand listening to them. Im not really into
> shooter games but battlefield 1942 is about 50 times more fun.
>
> even if the consoles do get some pc ports its usually junk (morrowind a
> great example) I want more thinking and mind fun games rather than just
> senseless action shooters. even a mediocre rpg like baldurs gate 2 for pc
> is so much better than kotor 1&2.
>
> this is not a pc vs console debate. its about the quality content of games
> on one system vs another. Theres no denying I would much rather be in
> front of my widescreen hdtv in my living room than at the computer and not
> worry about upgrades.
>
> So bring on the games. will the next gen systems have more pc type games
> like sim city or rts games? A lot of people are voting with their wallet
> but for the wrong thing. IMO the xbox games are just as childish as the
> gamecube.

unfortunately we can expect plenty sequels on next generation consoles :(

"Jim" <asdf@seaqf.com> wrote in message
> All of the three current systems are junk and the next three will be junk
> also unless we see some better games. Look at the xbox' most popular game
> Halo 2. Its just a crippled shooter without bots. Also the online players
> are mostly tards and I cant stand listening to them. Im not really into
> shooter games but battlefield 1942 is about 50 times more fun.
>
> even if the consoles do get some pc ports its usually junk (morrowind a
> great example) I want more thinking and mind fun games rather than just
> senseless action shooters. even a mediocre rpg like baldurs gate 2 for pc
> is so much better than kotor 1&2.
>
> this is not a pc vs console debate. its about the quality content of games
> on one system vs another. Theres no denying I would much rather be in
> front of my widescreen hdtv in my living room than at the computer and not
> worry about upgrades.
>
> So bring on the games. will the next gen systems have more pc type games
> like sim city or rts games? A lot of people are voting with their wallet
> but for the wrong thing. IMO the xbox games are just as childish as the
> gamecube.

robin

"Jim" <asdf@seaqf.com> wrote in message

> this is not a pc vs console debate. its about the quality
> content of games on one system vs another. Theres no
> denying I would much rather be in front of my widescreen
> hdtv in my living room than at the computer and not worry
> about upgrades.

Hook your PC to your widescreen via DVI, get a wireless
keyboard and mouse; voila. Now we're all happy.

Have a nice day.

Jim wrote:
> All of the three current systems are junk and the next three will be
> junk also unless we see some better games. Look at the xbox' most
> popular game Halo 2. Its just a crippled shooter without bots. Also
the
> online players are mostly tards and I cant stand listening to them.
Im
> not really into shooter games but battlefield 1942 is about 50 times
> more fun.
>
> even if the consoles do get some pc ports its usually junk (morrowind
> great example) I want more thinking and mind fun games rather than
just
> senseless action shooters. even a mediocre rpg like baldurs gate 2
for
> pc is so much better than kotor 1&2.
>
> this is not a pc vs console debate. its about the quality content of
> games on one system vs another. Theres no denying I would much rather
be
> in front of my widescreen hdtv in my living room than at the computer

> and not worry about upgrades.
>
> So bring on the games. will the next gen systems have more pc type
games
> like sim city or rts games? A lot of people are voting with their
wallet
> but for the wrong thing. IMO the xbox games are just as childish as
the
> gamecube.

I agree that there is a lot of junk out there for the consoles, but
there is equally loads of junk available for the PC. Can I put the
question which PC games came out in in the last 3 years that have set
new gaming standards and that are not available in one version or
another on the consoles? And I don't mean RTS, RPG, FPS follow ups CC2,
Half Life 2, Doom 3, Deus Ex 2 etc. I agree that before PS2 and XBox,
PC games (and evtl. Nintendo games) have set the standards, being
innovative. However, I think a lot of developers from these days have
now moved/became console game developers and therefore the content for
consoles is getting increasingly better (or so I hope). So, for me I
guess it's not so much PC games for the next consoles, but hopefully
innovative games from good developers for the next consoles. And then
it doesn't matter, which system it's for. I only wished for a more
selective customer base, shunning money spinning/badly developed games
and picking up the good ones (which are usually not hyped by the mass
media). PS: I was a PC gamer until I couldn't be bothered with the
upgrades anymore. I have an Xbox and must say it has satisfied my
gaming needs for the last couple of years and with the games to come,
will probably do so for another year or two. I can't see anything on
the PC that would want me go back.

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:29:24 GMT, Jim <asdf@seaqf.com> wrote:

>All of the three current systems are junk and the next three will be
>junk also unless we see some better games. Look at the xbox' most
>popular game Halo 2. Its just a crippled shooter without bots. Also the
>online players are mostly tards and I cant stand listening to them. Im
>not really into shooter games but battlefield 1942 is about 50 times
>more fun.
>
>even if the consoles do get some pc ports its usually junk (morrowind a
>great example) I want more thinking and mind fun games rather than just
>senseless action shooters. even a mediocre rpg like baldurs gate 2 for
>pc is so much better than kotor 1&2.
>
>this is not a pc vs console debate. its about the quality content of
>games on one system vs another. Theres no denying I would much rather be
>in front of my widescreen hdtv in my living room than at the computer
>and not worry about upgrades.
>
>So bring on the games. will the next gen systems have more pc type games
>like sim city or rts games? A lot of people are voting with their wallet
>but for the wrong thing. IMO the xbox games are just as childish as the
>gamecube.

I blame the multi platform games that have to be restricted by all
lowest common denominators for each console. If games where designed
from the ground up for EACH console and tweaked for each consoles
strengths I don't think we would be getting these wishy washy PORTS.

And its a slow time of year...

Pluvious

"Jim" <asdf@seaqf.com> wrote in message

<snip>

> even if the consoles do get some pc ports its usually junk
> (morrowind a great example) I want more thinking and mind fun
> games rather than just senseless action shooters. even a mediocre
> rpg like baldurs gate 2 for pc is so much better than kotor 1&2.

There goes any vestige of credibility that you might have had.

> this is not a pc vs console debate. its about the quality content
> of games on one system vs another. Theres no denying I would much
> rather be in front of my widescreen hdtv in my living room than at
> the computer and not worry about upgrades.

Ah yes; if only Xbox Spiderman 2 was half as well done as the pc
version.

> So bring on the games. will the next gen systems have more pc type
> games like sim city or rts games?

While I would *love* to play World Of Warcraft on XBox Live, I have
my doubts about Steam.

--
---Stash

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence
of the American people." H.L. Mencken

SPAM FILTER:
You'd have to be out of YourMind to send me email.

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:29:24 GMT, Jim <asdf@seaqf.com> wrote:
>
>>All of the three current systems are junk and the next three will be
>>junk also unless we see some better games. Look at the xbox' most
>>popular game Halo 2. Its just a crippled shooter without bots. Also
the
>>online players are mostly tards and I cant stand listening to them. Im
>>not really into shooter games but battlefield 1942 is about 50 times
>>more fun.
>>
>>even if the consoles do get some pc ports its usually junk (morrowind
>>great example) I want more thinking and mind fun games rather than
just
>>senseless action shooters. even a mediocre rpg like baldurs gate 2 for
>>pc is so much better than kotor 1&2.
>>
>>this is not a pc vs console debate. its about the quality content of
>>games on one system vs another. Theres no denying I would much rather
be
>>in front of my widescreen hdtv in my living room than at the computer
>>and not worry about upgrades.
>>
>>So bring on the games. will the next gen systems have more pc type
games
>>like sim city or rts games? A lot of people are voting with their
wallet
>>but for the wrong thing. IMO the xbox games are just as childish as
the
>>gamecube.
>

> I blame the multi platform games that have to be restricted by all
> lowest common denominators for each console. If games where designed
> from the ground up for EACH console and tweaked for each consoles
> strengths I don't think we would be getting these wishy washy PORTS.
>
> And its a slow time of year...
>
> Pluvious

The only things multi-platform games 'restrict' are graphics and sound.
There is nothing stoping a multi-platform games from being inovative,
unique, or good

"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:29:24 GMT, Jim <asdf@seaqf.com> wrote:
> >
> >>All of the three current systems are junk and the next three will be
> >>junk also unless we see some better games. Look at the xbox' most
> >>popular game Halo 2. Its just a crippled shooter without bots. Also
> the
> >>online players are mostly tards and I cant stand listening to them. Im
> >>not really into shooter games but battlefield 1942 is about 50 times
> >>more fun.
> >>
> >>even if the consoles do get some pc ports its usually junk (morrowind
> >>great example) I want more thinking and mind fun games rather than
> just
> >>senseless action shooters. even a mediocre rpg like baldurs gate 2 for
> >>pc is so much better than kotor 1&2.
> >>
> >>this is not a pc vs console debate. its about the quality content of
> >>games on one system vs another. Theres no denying I would much rather
> be
> >>in front of my widescreen hdtv in my living room than at the computer
> >>and not worry about upgrades.
> >>
> >>So bring on the games. will the next gen systems have more pc type
> games
> >>like sim city or rts games? A lot of people are voting with their
> wallet
> >>but for the wrong thing. IMO the xbox games are just as childish as
> the
> >>gamecube.
> >

> > I blame the multi platform games that have to be restricted by all
> > lowest common denominators for each console. If games where designed
> > from the ground up for EACH console and tweaked for each consoles
> > strengths I don't think we would be getting these wishy washy PORTS.
> >
> > And its a slow time of year...
> >
> > Pluvious
> >

> The only things multi-platform games 'restrict' are graphics and sound.
> There is nothing stoping a multi-platform games from being inovative,
> unique, or good

Exactly, check out Beyond Good and Evil or SC2 for prime examples of that

Android <androvich@nocomcastspam.net> wrote:

> "Jim" <asdf@seaqf.com> wrote in message
> > All of the three current systems are junk and the next three will be
> > junk also unless we see some better games. Look at the xbox' most
> > popular game Halo 2. Its just a crippled shooter without bots. Also the
> > online players are mostly tards and I cant stand listening to them. Im
> > not really into shooter games but battlefield 1942 is about 50 times
> > more fun.
> >
> > even if the consoles do get some pc ports its usually junk (morrowind a
> > great example) I want more thinking and mind fun games rather than just
> > senseless action shooters. even a mediocre rpg like baldurs gate 2 for
> > pc is so much better than kotor 1&2.
> >
> > this is not a pc vs console debate. its about the quality content of
> > games on one system vs another. Theres no denying I would much rather be
> > in front of my widescreen hdtv in my living room than at the computer
> > and not worry about upgrades.
> >
> > So bring on the games. will the next gen systems have more pc type games
> > like sim city or rts games? A lot of people are voting with their wallet
> > but for the wrong thing. IMO the xbox games are just as childish as the
> > gamecube.

> Consoles games are junk? Nothing but senseless action shooters? Have you
> taken a look at PC software lately? Talk about lack of variety! And you
> want MORE PC ports for your consoles?

> Amplitude, Frequency, Katamari Damacy, Project Gotham Racing, Karaoke
> Revolution, Eye Toy, Donkey Konga, Taiko Drum Master, Ico, Dog's Life,
> Mister Mosquito, Space Channel 5, Rez, Stretch Panic, Gran Turismo 4,
> Knights of the Old Republic, Under the Skin, Gitaroo Man, SSX3, Tecnicbeat,
> Burnout 3, Crimson Skies, Pikmin 2, Harvest Moon, Viewtiful Joe--all of them
> on consoles, none of them on PC, and none of them third-person shooters or
> first-person shooters.

> And, by the way, if you are looking for the console that has titles that are
> different from PC games, the Xbox is not it. The Xbox's library is full of
> third-person shooters and first-person shooters (good ones at that, but
> obviously you don't like them).

Android <androvich@nocomcastspam.net> wrote:

> Amplitude, Frequency, Katamari Damacy, Project Gotham Racing, Karaoke
> Revolution, Eye Toy, Donkey Konga, Taiko Drum Master, Ico, Dog's Life,
> Mister Mosquito, Space Channel 5, Rez, Stretch Panic, Gran Turismo 4,
> Knights of the Old Republic, Under the Skin, Gitaroo Man, SSX3, Tecnicbeat,
> Burnout 3, Crimson Skies, Pikmin 2, Harvest Moon, Viewtiful Joe--all of them
> on consoles, none of them on PC, and none of them third-person shooters or
> first-person shooters.

Actually, KOTOR 1 & 2 are on PC, and the original Crimson Skies game was
on PC as well.

TheLightsAreOn <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote:

> The only things multi-platform games 'restrict' are graphics and sound.
> There is nothing stoping a multi-platform games from being inovative,
> unique, or good

I think that's what he meant.

"TheLightsAreOn"
SNIP

> Hell. I'll even trade COLOR for two more levels
> (has a black and
> white/greyscale game ever been made?).

Pong, Space invaders...a couple others that I'm
too old to recall. Why do you ask? 8^) Yes it
might be cool...maybe a film noir style FPS, RPG
or MMORPG.

--
Keith Schiffner
Assistant to the Assistant Undersecretary of the

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 21:27:34 -0000, Doug Jacobs
<djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
<113mhu65ni9f0f2@corp.supernews.com>:

>Actually, KOTOR 1 & 2 are on PC, and the original Crimson Skies game was
>on PC as well.

The Xbox version of Crimson Skies is not the same as the PC version.
They share the same world and characters, but the games themselves are
entirely different.

Jordan

> All of the three current systems are junk and the next three will be
> junk also unless we see some better games.

That's BS and you know it...

> Look at the xbox' most popular game Halo 2.

I'd argue that it's not the most popular game.

> Its just a crippled shooter without bots.

Agreed.

> Also the online players are mostly tards and I cant stand listening
to them.

Agreed. But I think the problem is that there's a lack of cooperative
play online. Every Xbox live game is essentially a gussied up
deathmatch. It's the same from game to game to game. There needs to be
more variety in the online play.

Phantom Dust, it seems to me, is built for co-op play. They should have
given us the option to play through the scenario campaign with one
person as one character and an online player as the other. Not forward
thinking enough I guess.

> even if the consoles do get some pc ports its usually junk (morrowind
> great example) I want more thinking and mind fun games rather than
just
> senseless action shooters.

Shows how much you know about Morrowind, huh? It's not a shooter.
Moron.

> even a mediocre rpg like baldurs gate 2 for
> pc is so much better than kotor 1&2.

Point and click mouse games will never be superior to games where you
actually control a character. It's that whole "distancing" thing.

> this is not a pc vs console debate. its about the quality content of
> games on one system vs another.

The problem is that the vast majority of garbage, glitchy pre-releases
that should have cooked another month and over-hyped trash that is
discount binned a month after release are all on the PC platform.

- Jordan

On 19 Mar 2005 18:26:22 -0800, "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in
message <1111285582.539978.122260@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>:

>> even a mediocre rpg like baldurs gate 2 for
>> pc is so much better than kotor 1&2.
>
>Point and click mouse games will never be superior to games where you
>actually control a character. It's that whole "distancing" thing.

Your opinion about "that whole 'distancing' thing" isn't shared by
everyone.

Whether a game is superior depends on much more than whether you have
realtime control of a character's every action. I greatly enjoyed KOTOR,
but overall I thought Baldur's Gate 2 on the PC was a better game due to
its greater sense of freedom, the vastly greater amount of content, and
the much larger game world.

For that matter, I got more enjoyment out of the PC Fallout games than I
did from KOTOR despite the fact that they were turn-based point and
click mouse games.

--
A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of a message.
Q: Why is top posting a sloppy form of writing?