Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ordering in the Next 2 hours(Cyberpower)

Last response: in Systems
March 13, 2012 10:05:13 PM

I really would like your help, this is my first computer that's actually decent. I want to know what you think, I think it will run all recent game on at least medium. I know it's frowned upon to not build a pc, but I don't want to screw it up. I'm going to be upgrading all the parts myself when I need to so I will learn something from that. I don't want to spend more then $840 so it came out pretty nice, and what I'd like to think very good price for a prebuilt/cyberpower.

CASE: Raidmax Blade Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window
CD: Sony 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2550K 3.40 GHz
FAN: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo Gaming Cooling Fan
HDD: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s(7200)
MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)
MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] GigaByte Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Intel Smart Response
POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Thermaltake TR2 RX Modular 80 Plus PSU
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card

Total comes out to $830 once I tack on the rebates, this also includes Win7 and there outrageous shipping(Also the $30 off coupon(MYSPACE). $830 is the Total cost for everything!

Link:http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Xtreme_1000_SE...
Note this is one of the 10% of ones!

Best solution

March 13, 2012 10:14:57 PM

First off, the computer is not a bad build. I like it. However building a PC is simple. Just watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw and part 2 and 3, and it will show you all you need to know. The benefits are: satisfaction of building your own PC. It's cheaper, by about 30$. Also you know EXACTLY what goes in, as CyberPower IS KNOWN to make mistakes.

However, if you still want to go through with CyberPower, It's a good build. It's a very upgradable machine.
March 13, 2012 11:52:23 PM

Teh Bump
m
l
Related resources
March 14, 2012 1:16:58 AM

Best answer selected by jcc03.
m
l
March 14, 2012 1:37:24 AM

I know I am late to the party, and I did not look up your MB. My only word of caution would be to make sure it is an X Fire capable MB so you can upgrade your vid. card down the line cheap, rather then have to buy a whole new expensive card. It does look like a nice build though! Power supply will handle two of those cards too down the line so you are good there.
m
l
March 14, 2012 2:37:02 AM

Lokordd said:
I know I am late to the party, and I did not look up your MB. My only word of caution would be to make sure it is an X Fire capable MB so you can upgrade your vid. card down the line cheap, rather then have to buy a whole new expensive card. It does look like a nice build though! Power supply will handle two of those cards too down the line so you are good there.

Yes it's Crossfire ready, I just checked while I was ordering because of you thanks!

m
l
!