Solved

Power supply question

I'm buying my computer via Cyberpowerpc

Would you advise using the standard (significantly cheaper) cpus, or the big company, official 80+ one (such as corsair)
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power supply question
  1. Hi :)

80+ Psu`s...

All the best Brett :)
  2. Thanks, but even if i'd be saving 70$ on the same wattage?
  3. Best answer
    Kermheat said:
    I'm buying my computer via Cyberpowerpc

Would you advise using the standard (significantly cheaper) cpus, or the big company, official 80+ one (such as corsair)

Big brand CPUs will be more reliable, I would stay away from "standard" PSUs. If you dont want to swap out your own PSU, get a the better ones to start with.
    A lot of subpar PSU cant perform at thier rated wattages, typically melting down when pushed evne close to their limits. ALso thier power delivery is dirtier.

650 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply is a $63 extra over their standard PSU, this is your best bet, unless you are building a monster of a PC.
  4. vilenjan said:
    Big brand CPUs will be more reliable, I would stay away from "standard" PSUs. If you dont want to swap out your own PSU, get a the better ones to start with.
    A lot of subpar PSU cant perform at thier rated wattages, typically melting down when pushed evne close to their limits. ALso thier power delivery is dirtier.

650 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply is a $63 extra over their standard PSU, this is your best bet, unless you are building a monster of a PC.

Alright, that was my plan, thanks. Also it's even better because it's currently a free upgrade from 650W to 750W for the corsair
  5. If you can "save 70$ on the same wattage", they aren't putting a good unit in there. Their Xtreme Gear units are really really bad, their 800 W unit has lower ratings than a good 500 W unit. Get a real power supply brand, their standard ones are better used as bookends and doorstops.
  6. Best answer selected by Kermheat.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Computers Components