Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Power supply question

Last response: in Components
June 27, 2012 10:42:59 PM

I'm buying my computer via Cyberpowerpc

Would you advise using the standard (significantly cheaper) cpus, or the big company, official 80+ one (such as corsair)

More about : power supply question

a b ) Power supply
June 27, 2012 10:46:21 PM

Hi :) 

80+ Psu`s...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
June 27, 2012 10:48:00 PM

Thanks, but even if i'd be saving 70$ on the same wattage?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

June 27, 2012 10:48:41 PM

Kermheat said:
I'm buying my computer via Cyberpowerpc

Would you advise using the standard (significantly cheaper) cpus, or the big company, official 80+ one (such as corsair)

Big brand CPUs will be more reliable, I would stay away from "standard" PSUs. If you dont want to swap out your own PSU, get a the better ones to start with.
A lot of subpar PSU cant perform at thier rated wattages, typically melting down when pushed evne close to their limits. ALso thier power delivery is dirtier.

650 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply is a $63 extra over their standard PSU, this is your best bet, unless you are building a monster of a PC.
June 27, 2012 10:51:04 PM

vilenjan said:
Big brand CPUs will be more reliable, I would stay away from "standard" PSUs. If you dont want to swap out your own PSU, get a the better ones to start with.
A lot of subpar PSU cant perform at thier rated wattages, typically melting down when pushed evne close to their limits. ALso thier power delivery is dirtier.

650 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply is a $63 extra over their standard PSU, this is your best bet, unless you are building a monster of a PC.

Alright, that was my plan, thanks. Also it's even better because it's currently a free upgrade from 650W to 750W for the corsair
m
l
a c 288 ) Power supply
June 27, 2012 10:52:58 PM

If you can "save 70$ on the same wattage", they aren't putting a good unit in there. Their Xtreme Gear units are really really bad, their 800 W unit has lower ratings than a good 500 W unit. Get a real power supply brand, their standard ones are better used as bookends and doorstops.
m
l
June 27, 2012 11:06:50 PM

Best answer selected by Kermheat.
m
l
!