anti-aliasing

tok

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2004

I work with small images with lots of detail and text
in "Paint" and need to see each pixel of images and text
in the browser when I work with them and when I view them
afterwards. XP has the irritating habit of blurring the
contrasts which I think is called Anti-Aliasing. (If you
insert e.g. arial text with font size bigger than 12 in
Paint XP will blur the edges.) The same thing happens
in "Windows Image Previewer": When I zoom in pictures I
sometimes need to see the pixels. Bold or big letters in
Word are also anti-aliased.

How do I disable anti-aliasing in XP?

> How do I disable anti-aliasing in XP?

Use
Display Properties -> Appearance tab -> Effects button -> Font Smoothing
checkbox

--
Philippe Majerus
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices (http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp)

tok

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2004

This sounds very promising! However I'm not very
familiar here. How do I get to "Display Properties"?

tok

Found it! Thank you for your help!

tok

"tok" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
| This sounds very promising! However I'm not very
| familiar here. How do I get to "Display Properties"?

Start
Settings
Control Panel
Display