Computer makes noise though headset

carson cole

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Hello,
I have recently bought a new computer and let me tell you i love it, but when i put on my headset there is a high pitch noise and my friends can hear it when i talk to them on skype or things like Skype. It isnt my headset because i have used multiple mics and headsets. I thought it was my sound card so i bought a Asus xonar d1 pci 7.1 audio card. guess what, i wasted 80 bucks, it was not my sound card. Do you have any suggestions on what i could do to fix this? i know its not my mic settings because i have tried every mic and headset settings there is. Its kinda important to me because i am a commentator on youtube and im starting to get a following and i would like to make my video quality better and without the horrid noise i hear everytime i put on my headset. im pretty sure my friends are getting tired of it too. sorry for bad grammar through-out this.

So you have electromagnetic interference, probably being generated by one of the other components. It can also come from a bad contact somewhere... either a contact that should be good but is loose, or a contact that should not be happening at all (short).

The first suspect would be the PSU.

TRENDING THREADS