Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Specs:

Computer: Dell XPS 8300
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.4 GHz {NOT 2600k}
RAM: 32 GB
HDD: 1 TB
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6450

Note: I do run a Minecraft Server on this computer. The server has 20GB of RAM deticated towards the server.

Basically I just need to know how to reduce the CPU usage because the server I run always errors such as, "Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?". I feel the reason I get those messages is simply due to the fact that my processor is really getting bogged down, which I can tell by the 100% CPU Usage. Please help!

Nickie_G1010

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Well I belive a big component of why the CPU usage is so unbearably high, could simply due to the fact that I am running a Minecraft Server off of 20GB of Ram. Do you think that would have anything to do with it? If not, I can tell every process that is going on that makes the CPU usage so large.

pauls3743

Distinguished
It quite probably is minecraft. It can happen when you make too large a change using worldedit. But I thought Bukkit was still single threaded. Then again you might be running a vanilla minecraft server, which I believe is multithreaded. I would still check your processes to see what's happening.

Nickie_G1010

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Yes, I am running on bukkit. Obviously the big thing eating up the CPU Usage is the java in which ranges from 60-90. There is a another server that has no problems and they are running it on the same system. Does this help? By the way thank you all for your input.

mastershand

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
I was having 100%CPU usage problem now and then.Though I close all programs before closing down, When I shut down the computer there used to be a message " waiting to close down the programs that is running"But now it is solved.Thank God,I believe that he only helped me to solve it .No other could help me nor am I an expert.I don't say that the problem faced by me is yours as well because this Problem can be due to other reasons as well .But you may try this .Any way this is a very safe method also.This applies only for laptop etc: and not for desktop. After shutting down the laptop remove the battery and charger plug .Then press start button just like for switching on the laptop and hold the button for 10-15 seconds. Computer will not start as there is no power but it can remove the problem (This is jut like removing the battery in mobiles when it hangs etc: ) After that again place the battery back and start it as usual.This helped me .Though I have 4GB Ram i was facing problem. Now it is fine.May God help you .

delitawright

Reputable
May 6, 2015

Literally can't thank you and our God enough! Ths was it for my Dell Latitude 6400 running windows 7 pro. God bless you!

AndyL12345

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015
Taking the battery out of my Dell laptop for a few seconds and replacing it fixed this problem!

So strange since I had already powered down several times and tried other things like doing a system restore. Nothing worked until I tried this.

Thanks for sharing!

ou1954

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.