Last response: in Components
June 28, 2012 12:54:25 AM

Specs:

Computer: Dell XPS 8300
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.4 GHz {NOT 2600k}
RAM: 32 GB
HDD: 1 TB
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6450

Note: I do run a Minecraft Server on this computer. The server has 20GB of RAM deticated towards the server.

Basically I just need to know how to reduce the CPU usage because the server I run always errors such as, "Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?". I feel the reason I get those messages is simply due to the fact that my processor is really getting bogged down, which I can tell by the 100% CPU Usage. Please help!
a b $ Windows 7
a b à CPUs
June 28, 2012 1:11:23 AM

It would help to know what process is using your CPU time?
m
l
June 28, 2012 1:56:23 AM

Well I belive a big component of why the CPU usage is so unbearably high, could simply due to the fact that I am running a Minecraft Server off of 20GB of Ram. Do you think that would have anything to do with it? If not, I can tell every process that is going on that makes the CPU usage so large.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
a b à CPUs
June 28, 2012 12:05:41 PM

Just sort by CPU usage; odds are one or two processes are responsable for the CPU usage.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
a b à CPUs
June 28, 2012 2:31:44 PM

It quite probably is minecraft. It can happen when you make too large a change using worldedit. But I thought Bukkit was still single threaded. Then again you might be running a vanilla minecraft server, which I believe is multithreaded. I would still check your processes to see what's happening.
m
l
June 28, 2012 3:04:10 PM

Yes, I am running on bukkit. Obviously the big thing eating up the CPU Usage is the java in which ranges from 60-90. There is a another server that has no problems and they are running it on the same system. Does this help? By the way thank you all for your input.
m
l
July 22, 2012 6:15:38 AM

go into control panel

click on java

then up the top of the page click java

then hit vew

then you put in the number of cpu you want it to use then hit save
m
l
!