How make new system tray icons default to "Always Show"

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I prefer to choose which exactly system tray icons get hidden.
Unfortunately XP creates new icons to be "Hidden When Inactive".

Is it possible to make get XP to create new system tray icons so that
they have the attribute "Active"?
3 answers Last reply
More about make system tray icons default always show
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Right click on the task bar and select properties, on the bottom right of
    the Taskbar applet click customise. Click each of the items, current and
    past, in turn and select from always hide, always show and hide when
    inactive from the drop down list on the right.

    Hope this helps.

    "Sammo" <noone@no-where.com> wrote in message
    >I prefer to choose which exactly system tray icons get hidden.
    > Unfortunately XP creates new icons to be "Hidden When Inactive".
    >
    > Is it possible to make get XP to create new system tray icons so that
    > they have the attribute "Active"?

    ---
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    On 09 Oct 2004, DM wrote:

    > Right click on the task bar and select properties, on the bottom
    > right of the Taskbar applet click customise. Click each of the
    > items, current and past, in turn and select from always hide,
    > always show and hide when inactive from the drop down list on
    > the right.

    That is exactly the process I want to *automate*.

    I don't want to change each system tray icon as it appears for the
    first time and change it to "Always Show Icon".

    is there a way to change the default setting for the system tray
    icons so that they always show even though some of the other icons
    may be hidden?
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Right click an empty spot on your Taskbar > Properties > under
    "Notifications" click > Customize. Select the program you , click in
    Behaviour and choose to Show Always.

    Andre
    >> "Sammo" <noone@no-where.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I prefer to choose which exactly system tray icons get hidden.
    >>> Unfortunately XP creates new icons to be "Hidden When
    >>> Inactive".
    >>>
    >>> Is it possible to make get XP to create new system tray icons
    >>> so that they have the attribute "Active"?
    >
    > On 09 Oct 2004, DM wrote:
    >>
    >> Right click on the task bar and select properties, on the bottom
    >> right of the Taskbar applet click customise. Click each of the
    >> items, current and past, in turn and select from always hide,
    >> always show and hide when inactive from the drop down list on
    >> the right.
    >

    > That is exactly the process I want to *automate*.
    >
    > I don't want to change each system tray icon as it appears for the
    > first time and change it to "Always Show Icon".
    >
    > is there a way to change the default setting for the system tray
    > icons so that they always show even though some of the other icons
    > may be hidden?

Configuration Default Icons Microsoft Customization Windows XP