Technical question about auto focus

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 6, 2005 11:18:01 PM

The phase focusing method is not easily Googled (I can't get much with the
search words that I can conjure). Any of you have any readable links to
suggest? I found one Canon patent, which is of some use to help me
understand this, but am now looking for something more generic and hopefully
more readable.

Thanks!
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 7:46:38 AM

"Charles Schuler" <charleschuler@comcast.net> wrote in message
> The phase focusing method is not easily Googled (I can't get much
> with the search words that I can conjure). Any of you have any
> readable links to suggest? I found one Canon patent, which is of
> some use to help me understand this, but am now looking for
> something more generic and hopefully more readable.

http://groups.google.nl/group/rec.photo.digital/msg/d87... ?

Bart
!