Sign in with
Your question

200mm Cooler Master Megaflow fan issue HELP

Last response: in Components
June 28, 2012 3:37:39 AM

Ok, I posted a similar thread about this once but got no replies so I'm trying again. Basically I have 2 Cooler Master Megaflow 200mm blue fans. One of them works (plugged into the thermaltake mk1 fan controller) and runs all of the time which is what I want.

The other fan has been plugged into the mobo hasn't worked, used a 3 to 4 pin molex adapter hasn't worked.

This is what it does, lights up with its blue lights and that's it. Now if it has a thermal thing on it why isn't the other one not spinning. I've already replaced it as well. It is a side intake fan if anyone needs to know.

Thanks in advance
June 28, 2012 3:39:06 AM

Have you used the 3 pin connector?
m
l
June 28, 2012 5:52:12 AM

It was plugged in with its 3 pin to a 4 pin connection on my mobo lighted up no spin, I have another fan that came with the case thats plugged in like that and it works so there's no reason why it shouldn't work like that.

Right now its plugged in using the 3 to 4 pin molex adapter that the fan came with
m
l
Related resources
June 28, 2012 12:22:06 PM

Have you tried swapping the 2 megaflows? I mean connect the one that is running now (connected to the thermal take ) to the motherboard fan header? does it work?

& then plug the one that does not work to the Thermaltake?
m
l
June 28, 2012 8:47:15 PM

I really don't want to switch them because the thermaltake one didn't work for awhile and now it does
m
l
July 2, 2012 10:32:51 PM

It will be good if you can trouble shoot it first as suggested above by switching the two fans around. This will allow you to find out if the issue is coming from the fan or can be caused by something else.

If the fan is found to be defective, you can eRMA the product back to us to get it replaced. You will have to contact Cooler Master Support depending on your region.
m
l
!