elocc86

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Hi,
I have recentley installed a second EVGA GTX 460 SC EE 1GB 256-bit card into my rig
and everything seemed cool until my whole PC froze, I could see the desktop but everything was frozen.
I have no problems with the second card out like before, but it doesn't make sence since I have a
700W PSU.
Here are the stats for it...

-80 PLUS Bronze Certified
-4 + 12V output circuits
-Support Dual GPUs and Dual/Quad core CPUs
-APFC ATX12V Version 2.3 and EPS12V version 2.91 compatible
-1 x 6 pin and 1 x (6+2) pin Dual PCI-E ready

I had to connect 2 molex-to-6pin connectors to have an additional 2 x 6 pin for the second GPU
but I'm assuming thats ok to power it since the GPU came with the adapters.
I running a i7 870 NOT overclocked with Corsair H60 Liquid Cooler,
16 GB DDR3 Patriot 1333EL Series (High Performance Gaming RAM), 4 x 120mm LED Case Fans,
LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter Drive, a single SATA Drive, with a 27'' ViewSonic FULL HDMI Widescreen monitor.
I have checked extreme power calculator or whatever and it says i should only be using approx. 400+w
so I'm not sure whats going on?
The PSU is fine without the second card in as I have been using it flawlessley for about 3 months,
and the second GPU is fine also?

Your max power draw is closer to 500w, but that is neither here or there... The bigger question is exactly what power supply do you have? If it were from Antec, Corsair, XFX or Seasonic (there are others) then we know you would be getting a true rating. There are a LOT of power supplies out there that aren't going to get close to their rated output. Expecting 500w from a less than quality 700w power supply may be asking too much. So... which make / model do you have (a link would be nice)?

elocc86

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

Hi, srry it is a RetailPlus+ from Staples,
They were working ok in SLI for a couple of days with dragon age 2 fully maxed with DX11 but started doing the freezing thing again and wont even make it past windows login without crapping out or restarting so i took my original gpu out and put just the new one and same thing but with the original one only it works just fine???