Frames Per Second and different XBoxs versions?

Hi there,

We rented an Xbox console and Spongebob Squarepants Movie game a while back and
it was great. After buying a v1.6 XBox and the Spongebob game we see alot of
framerate slowdown, whereas it didn't seem to be so bad on the rented console.
The game doesn't get bad reviews in this area, so I question my X-Box.

Does framerate vary any between each X-box console? Are there any settings (or
mods) that can improve things?

TIA.
grol

> We rented an Xbox console and Spongebob Squarepants Movie game a while
> back and
> it was great. After buying a v1.6 XBox and the Spongebob game we see alot
> of
> framerate slowdown, whereas it didn't seem to be so bad on the rented
> console.
> The game doesn't get bad reviews in this area, so I question my X-Box.
>
> Does framerate vary any between each X-box console? Are there any settings
> (or
> mods) that can improve things?

I think the frame rate can be affected by the state of your HD sometimes.
This is just a personal opinion of course...

--
Stephen Chown

Thoth

Distinguished
May 23, 2004

"Chowny" <sdchown@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> We rented an Xbox console and Spongebob Squarepants Movie game a while
>> back and
>> it was great. After buying a v1.6 XBox and the Spongebob game we see alot
>> of
>> framerate slowdown, whereas it didn't seem to be so bad on the rented
>> console.
>> The game doesn't get bad reviews in this area, so I question my X-Box.
>>
>> Does framerate vary any between each X-box console? Are there any
>> settings (or
>> mods) that can improve things?
>
> I think the frame rate can be affected by the state of your HD sometimes.
> This is just a personal opinion of course...

When it got old, my launch Xbox would literally come to a standstill (that's
right, pause) on the last level of Halo just before the MC gets out of the
Hog and runs toward the fighter ship. It runs smoothly on my Samsung driven
replacement. I'd say the particular Xbox makes a difference in how well the
game plays.

"Thoth" <thoth@notlisted.net> wrote in message
> "Chowny" <sdchown@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> We rented an Xbox console and Spongebob Squarepants Movie game a while
> >> back and
> >> it was great. After buying a v1.6 XBox and the Spongebob game we see alot
> >> of
> >> framerate slowdown, whereas it didn't seem to be so bad on the rented
> >> console.
> >> The game doesn't get bad reviews in this area, so I question my X-Box.
> >>
> >> Does framerate vary any between each X-box console? Are there any
> >> settings (or
> >> mods) that can improve things?
> >
> > I think the frame rate can be affected by the state of your HD sometimes.
> > This is just a personal opinion of course...
>
> When it got old, my launch Xbox would literally come to a standstill (that's
> right, pause) on the last level of Halo just before the MC gets out of the
> Hog and runs toward the fighter ship. It runs smoothly on my Samsung driven
> replacement. I'd say the particular Xbox makes a difference in how well the
> game plays.

Mine is only a rev 1.6 and is about 5 months old. Should HD be a factor here?