Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gtx560 looking to run wow on three 23" monitors at 5760x1080

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 9, 2012 9:12:40 PM

How in the world do i do this? ive seen alot of info on the idea itself, but cant find any definitive answer on actually how to set this up. im completely lost with the idea. any info would be awesome
January 9, 2012 9:18:46 PM

im running 2 gtx560 with the sli adapter up and running
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 9:20:06 PM

swartzsubaru said:
How in the world do i do this? ive seen alot of info on the idea itself, but cant find any definitive answer on actually how to set this up. im completely lost with the idea. any info would be awesome


A single GTX 560 will not run 3 monitors @ 5760X1080... if you want multi-monitor off a single card go ATI.
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 9, 2012 9:25:25 PM

i meant to say i am running two gtx560
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
January 9, 2012 9:26:32 PM

Should be pretty simple then. Enable SLI and use all DVI ports. You can't use any VGA plugs.
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 9:29:00 PM

i understand how to get three monitors working in general. what i cannot figure out is how to run world of warcraft at a res of 5760x1080. ive seen it done and have seen lots of info saying it can be done, but i cannot for the life of me find a how-to that explains just that. how to enable that resolution.
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 9:30:47 PM

so that it is set at fullscreen across all three monitors and not warped.
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 9:31:21 PM

swartzsubaru said:
i understand how to get three monitors working in general. what i cannot figure out is how to run world of warcraft at a res of 5760x1080. ive seen it done and have seen lots of info saying it can be done, but i cannot for the life of me find a how-to that explains just that. how to enable that resolution.


Are you running 5760X1080 under windows? If so, just go into the games settings and change the res. to 5760X1080.

edit: I see... go here and ask on the WOW forums. You'd probably get more support...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1772569086
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 9:35:20 PM

its set at 1920x1080 for each monitor. not sure how to set the windows res any higher. currently i only have two of the monitors hooked up. the third will be here shortly. what i am looking for is the how-to so that when it is here, i will be set. with duals, does it make a difference if one monitor is plugged into each card? or should they be in the same card?
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 9:36:43 PM

@mental- where in the control panel would i enable the surround? or would that automatically show up when the third monitor is plugged in?
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 9:37:48 PM

btw, if this works instantly when i plug in the third monitor, i apoligize for wasting your time. i just want to have this figured out beforehand
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 9:44:53 PM

Under windows, right click your desktop and click screen resolution and make sure your @ 5760X1080... anyway, MAL knows far more than I with NVIDIA hardware.

Also, I'm under the impression WOW doesn't officially support Multi-monitor.
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 9:47:58 PM

basic triple monitor functionality is not the issue. it is running wow at a res of 5760x1080 across all three screens at once for a very wide view
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 9:54:51 PM

swartzsubaru said:
basic triple monitor functionality is not the issue. it is running wow at a res of 5760x1080 across all three screens at once for a very wide view


I know what you mean... Skyrim is the same way for me. I can play but the menu's are bloated and unreadable which sucks, I checked Bethseda's site and they do not officially support M.M.. and I believe W.O.W. is the same. You could go here http://www.widescreenfixer.org/ and see if W.O.W. is listed.
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 10:01:40 PM

ok, well im going to have to back track a little. as i said, the third 23" monitor isnt here yet. i plugged in the spare 19 and the surround option came up. now i have a different problem. lets start with that one if we can. thanks first off for your time mental. i am at a point where it seems only 2 monitors are able to be used at one time. it seems that it can be any combination of the three, but one is always disabled when i enable another. lets start there if we can
m
0
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
January 9, 2012 10:07:30 PM

RussK1 said:
I know what you mean... Skyrim is the same way for me. I can play but the menu's are bloated and unreadable which sucks, I checked Bethseda's site and they do not officially support M.M.. and I believe W.O.W. is the same. You could go here http://www.widescreenfixer.org/ and see if W.O.W. is listed.

Darn straight, I've never received any payment from them! [:mousemonkey:2]
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 10:12:56 PM

as far as i know, the budy who built me this cpu over the weekend should have gotten everything up to snuff. as far as a bios is concerned, i really have no idea what im doing there.
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 10:15:17 PM

after seeing the stuff come up when i plugged in the spare monitor, i think ill just have to wait to find anything out until the new one comes
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 10:27:17 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Darn straight, I've never received any payment from them! [:mousemonkey:2]



hahaha, I'd sue! :lol: 
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 10:29:28 PM

Quote:
the spare 19 is what's throwing it off, will not work like that, has to be closer matching monitor resolutions to work.
2 wides and 1 standard will not work.
but if you have the control panel with the surround option then your almost there.....:D 
all you need is the third matching monitor..


+1 [:russwood1488:7]
m
0
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
January 9, 2012 10:31:25 PM

RussK1 said:
hahaha, I'd sue! :lol: 

I tried that but they said I'd have to go into the vault and get the cash myself and I wasn't going to fall for that one. :whistle: 
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 10:32:21 PM

will do mental. thanks
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 10:43:07 PM

Mousemonkey said:
I tried that but they said I'd have to go into the vault and get the cash myself and I wasn't going to fall for that one. :whistle: 


You'd have to take an arrow to the knee. :whistle: 
m
0
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
January 9, 2012 10:46:03 PM

RussK1 said:
You'd have to take an arrow to the knee. :whistle: 

What is this fascination with arrows in the knees? :??:  :??: 
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 10:53:08 PM

Mousemonkey said:
What is this fascination with arrows in the knees? :??:  :??: 


It's a Skyrim thing... "I'd like to be a moderator like you, but I'd get an arrow to the knee."

I surmise it's a variant of Achilles... anyway sorry OT.
m
0
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
January 9, 2012 10:53:57 PM

Quote:
it's Americana..

Cowboys and Indians, cartoon when we were kids (Yosemite Sam) and other historic things like that..
(just a few of many reasons)

I recall Yosemite Sam but I don't remember him being shot in the knee with an arrow.
m
0
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
January 9, 2012 10:55:18 PM

RussK1 said:
It's a Skyrim thing... "I'd like to be a moderator like you, but I'd get an arrow to the knee."

I surmise it's a variant of Achilles... anyway sorry OT.

That makes more sense even though I haven't seen the game.
m
0
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
January 9, 2012 11:01:49 PM

Quote:
I really meant that era of cartoon.
bugs bunny, roadrunner and coyote; have you seen all of those too.?

Oh yes.
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 11:06:21 PM

Quote:
I really meant that era of cartoon.
bugs bunny, roadrunner and coyote; have you seen all of those too.?


Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbit. :na: 
m
0
l
January 9, 2012 11:12:35 PM

Just a note, WoW handles 5760x1080 natively but ONLY in DirectX9 mode
m
0
l
January 10, 2012 12:25:20 AM

directx 9 you say? i read that somewhere so i downloaded it. how do i get it to run in 9 instead of the 11 i have
m
0
l
January 10, 2012 12:32:06 AM

i have no ideaq, but i did read somewhere that 9 runs the game 3 wide better than 11, if 11 does at all even
m
0
l
January 10, 2012 12:43:39 AM

i dont even know how one would run 9 instead
m
0
l
March 31, 2012 4:50:53 PM

3 Monitor setups will ONLY work under windows 7 and allegedly vista too. (2 monitors max under XP) :( 

I'm using an ati hd6950 which runs WOW @ 60fps quite happily (however it covers a full 3 Motherboard slots) :( 
(The 5040X1050 option will not appear in WOW's video options till your desktop resolution has been set to this res.
Remember also that 5040x1050 is only used for 16:10 monitors & not the newer 16:9!!!!!!!!!)

ATI
All 3 monitors have to be identical to use the bezel compensation. :( 
you will also need an ACTIVE display port to Dvi adaptor (around £27) :( 
I havent managed to get Full Screen using DX11 (only DX9) :( 
I bought a Superb quality 3 monitor stand for <£100 from Novatach (nice people gave me free delivery) :) 

hope this helps.
m
0
l
January 17, 2013 6:55:52 PM

RussK1 said:
+1 [:russwood1488:7]

Not true. With my 2 gtx 570's my 3 monitor setup works fine with WOW, and I'm using a 1920x1080, a 1600x1200 and a 1280x1024.
m
0
l
!