Gtx560 looking to run wow on three 23" monitors at 5760x1080

swartzsubaru

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
How in the world do i do this? ive seen alot of info on the idea itself, but cant find any definitive answer on actually how to set this up. im completely lost with the idea. any info would be awesome

RussK1

Splendid

A single GTX 560 will not run 3 monitors @ 5760X1080... if you want multi-monitor off a single card go ATI.

swartzsubaru

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
i understand how to get three monitors working in general. what i cannot figure out is how to run world of warcraft at a res of 5760x1080. ive seen it done and have seen lots of info saying it can be done, but i cannot for the life of me find a how-to that explains just that. how to enable that resolution.

RussK1

Splendid

Are you running 5760X1080 under windows? If so, just go into the games settings and change the res. to 5760X1080.

edit: I see... go here and ask on the WOW forums. You'd probably get more support...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1772569086

swartzsubaru

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
its set at 1920x1080 for each monitor. not sure how to set the windows res any higher. currently i only have two of the monitors hooked up. the third will be here shortly. what i am looking for is the how-to so that when it is here, i will be set. with duals, does it make a difference if one monitor is plugged into each card? or should they be in the same card?

RussK1

Splendid
Under windows, right click your desktop and click screen resolution and make sure your @ 5760X1080... anyway, MAL knows far more than I with NVIDIA hardware.

Also, I'm under the impression WOW doesn't officially support Multi-monitor.

RussK1

Splendid

I know what you mean... Skyrim is the same way for me. I can play but the menu's are bloated and unreadable which sucks, I checked Bethseda's site and they do not officially support M.M.. and I believe W.O.W. is the same. You could go here http://www.widescreenfixer.org/ and see if W.O.W. is listed.

swartzsubaru

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
ok, well im going to have to back track a little. as i said, the third 23" monitor isnt here yet. i plugged in the spare 19 and the surround option came up. now i have a different problem. lets start with that one if we can. thanks first off for your time mental. i am at a point where it seems only 2 monitors are able to be used at one time. it seems that it can be any combination of the three, but one is always disabled when i enable another. lets start there if we can

Darn straight, I've never received any payment from them! [:mousemonkey:2]

swartzsubaru

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
as far as i know, the budy who built me this cpu over the weekend should have gotten everything up to snuff. as far as a bios is concerned, i really have no idea what im doing there.

RussK1

Splendid
the spare 19 is what's throwing it off, will not work like that, has to be closer matching monitor resolutions to work.
2 wides and 1 standard will not work.
but if you have the control panel with the surround option then your almost there.....:D
all you need is the third matching monitor..

+1 [:russwood1488:7]