Sign in with
Your question

Can my Radeon 5450 easily suport a second monitor.

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 9, 2012 9:17:15 PM

I'm wanting to get a second monitor because of school and other things. I have an ATI Radeon 5450 HD graphics card hooked up to my 24" Acer monitor running a 1920x1080. The card has a DVI, HDMI, and VGA output and I am hoping I can hook up a second monitor and run at a relatively high resolution (at LEAST 1280x720)with no problems. I just wanted to make sure that the card can run it safely and smoothly and hopefully without any quality loss. If I have to get a better card in order to keep from losing quality then I just may because I really don't want any loss in the image/video quality.

So, is this possible? Tips suggestions? If you need any additional info, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

EDIT - Forgot to mention my uses. The second monitor will be for simple web pages, text files, occasional YouTube videos. No gaming or any sort of hardcore usage out of it.

Specs:
450w PSU
AMD Phenom II X6 3.0ghz
8gb DDR3
ATI Radeon 5450
Windows 7 64bit

More about : radeon 5450 easily suport monitor

January 9, 2012 9:32:56 PM

I had a 5450 in my parents computer, outputted through HDMI to a 50in sony, at 1080i and it ran pretty well, I know it'll support two monitors, but if you want to do anything good with it, can't hurt to upgrade. I would think it would be all right for like a movie and web searching, just don't expect it to be amazing. :wahoo: 
m
l
January 9, 2012 9:37:30 PM

For general usage, even 3 monitors should be find on that card.
m
l
January 9, 2012 9:39:59 PM

Thanks guys. That's all it will be used for anyway. General use that is. No gaming or long term video watching or anything like that. Just simple web pages or text files. Any other input is welcomed.
m
l
Related resources
!