Sign in with
Your question

CPU

Last response: in Components
June 28, 2012 5:44:04 AM

i recently instald a graphics card... the pc ran well for a 2 or 3 monthss... then when i switched it on, started the UPS and then sitched on the CpU it would not start( pick up Power) .. later on a mechanic came and took out the graphics card and somehow fixed the computer.. he said the card was faulty.. can this be true?

More about : cpu

a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 186 à CPUs
June 28, 2012 5:46:16 AM

More information.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 29, 2012 2:44:54 AM

we would need more information, but from the sounds of it, it is a possibility or could be a PSU or Mobo issue.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 29, 2012 10:32:45 AM

Kulverine said:
i recently instald a graphics card... the pc ran well for a 2 or 3 monthss... then when i switched it on, started the UPS and then sitched on the CpU it would not start( pick up Power) .. later on a mechanic came and took out the graphics card and somehow fixed the computer.. he said the card was faulty.. can this be true?

It could also be the PSU is on marginal capacity & taking the graphics card out possibly relieved the load to the PSU. In this case, the graphics card could still be in good working condition. I hope the mechanic did not take the graphics card with him.

As requested by others, more info will help to truly identify the root cause of your problem.

m
l
!