Ok well my system specs are the following :

2 Radeon HD 6870's
AMD Phenom II x6 1045T 2.7GHz
Gigabyte 990XA-UD3
8GB RAM
850W Corsair PSU
Win 7 x64
Asus VS247 running at 1920x1080

I am currently using the 12.1 preview drivers but the issue appears even when I used the older ones. When I attempt to run any game in fullscreen the monitor flashes rapidly as if the signal was poor. I have tested both vid cards individually to make sure the issue is not them, I have also tried multiple bridges to see if that was the issue and it wasn't. My thoughts are that it has something to do with the HDMI but everything works great except when running in crossfire, I did try multiple cables as well. When the flashing is happening my framerate is shown as 60+ so it is not lag or anything I am seeing, it is only able to be seen by someone watching the screen and cannot be recorded.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Solution
try this:
1-uninstall ccc and profiles from control panel,shut down
2-remove second card,restart.
3- install latest ccc AND profiles,shut down.
4-install second card,start and recheck.

ringzero

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

Is this the issue?...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-stutter-crossfire,2995.html

It's interesting to hear if it is, because I have a 6870 and was thinking of one day going Crossfire.

solindvian

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011

Nope, that is a type of lag during actual gameplay, my issue is the screen itself flashing in a way that if you look really close lets you see the actual color blocks like if you look close on an older TV, I don't know how else to explain it.

Earnie

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2005
try this:
1-uninstall ccc and profiles from control panel,shut down
2-remove second card,restart.
3- install latest ccc AND profiles,shut down.
4-install second card,start and recheck.

Solution

solindvian

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011

Not sure if this was exactly what fixed it but it works now thanks a lot. I also swapped the card positions, used a new Crossfire cable, and installed the 12.1a drivers. One of these things fixed it and I'm back to getting 60+ fps in BF3 on ultra.

(Also as a side-note to ringzero, I am not having any of those stuttering issues now that it is working correctly, it's well worth getting a second one of these cards.)

Status
Not open for further replies.