Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Sensors

Last response: in Systems
March 14, 2012 6:09:41 AM

I was wondering if there are any type of Sensors that I can install inside of my pc case to give me a better idea of how hot everything is in there ? I have core temp installed and also Everest Ultimate but these are just software and I was looking for Hardware to give me a more accurate reading. I also have a Thermal temp gun that I can use but is labor intensive and would rather just have something I could glance at to tell me what the temps are. I am looking for a temp on the memory sticks,hard drives and the cpu heat sink.

More about : sensors

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
March 14, 2012 10:39:58 AM

discboy321 said:
I was wondering if there are any type of Sensors that I can install inside of my pc case to give me a better idea of how hot everything is in there ? I have core temp installed and also Everest Ultimate but these are just software and I was looking for Hardware to give me a more accurate reading. I also have a Thermal temp gun that I can use but is labor intensive and would rather just have something I could glance at to tell me what the temps are. I am looking for a temp on the memory sticks,hard drives and the cpu heat sink.

I don't know of any off-hand. Your hardware though has built in "sensors" that the software uses to provide you the reading. You probably can't get a better sensor than one that's "built in". I imagine some software is better than others and everyone will have their own favorite - stick to the tried and tested ones. You could use multiple programs and see if the readings vary much. Keep in mind that the purpose is really "early warning" of a possible issue. They're not for baking. :)  Good luck.
March 24, 2012 6:20:30 AM

Best answer selected by discboy321.
!