Gateway all in one

dalestark

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
Hello, My gateway all in one touch screen fan doesn't seem to be working. I ran it for a while with a wonderful screen, turned it off then tried to turn it on and had no picture. When I finally got a picture, it was all rainbowee and not the right colors at all...I checked the bios and it was running at 55-60 Celsius and I keep listening for it to kick on (the fan).
@ part question..one...is the screen permanently damaged or will it "snap back: (I have had similar issues in the past where it resolved itself...) Second, what can I do to fix this!?

Thank you all around

randomkid

Distinguished
All in one is tricky to trouble shoot because unlike a desktop, there is no serviceable part ( almost like a laptop ). If you still have warranty, I suggest to RMA asap. But as always, I suggest that you back all your files & delete any confidential/sensitive data in the all-in-one before you send it.

dalestark

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012

Can I modify the case as to facilitate a better transfer of the heat that builds up within? How about installing a modified 5v fan...can I draw power from the board and add another fan? I possess the skill set to make modifications, just not the specifics as to what I can get away with. Sure, OI could send it to someone and they may fix it but wheres the fun in that???
And will the monitor improve from its overheated state? I am hoping that the ypouch screen has good snap-back-ossitude! (technical term to be sure)

Whereever you are on this globe, thank you. My name is Dale and I live in portland oregon. Nice to meet you.

randomkid

Distinguished
Thank you. Nice to meet you too. It may be fun to tinker with your laptop but please consider the risk. :) if your laptop is old & you can accept the risk then i guess its okay. But if its under warranty better to protect your investment and rma it.