Change from ACPI Uniprocessor to ACPI Multiprocessor

When I open the Device Manager and Hit >Computer, it shows "Advanced
Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC"

I want to change this to ACPI Multiprocessor.

I right click "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC" hit
>Properties >Driver Tab >Update Driver

Then Check the "Install from a list or specific Location (Advanced)"radio
button

Hit >next

Then Check the "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install"

Hit >next

Then Uncheck the "Show compatible hardware" box

The only items listed are "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI)
PC" & "Standard PC"

There is no option for the "ACPI Multiprocessor"

How do I change computer in the Device Manager to "ACPI Multiprocessor"

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about change acpi uniprocessor acpi multiprocessor

    Cannot Select MPS Uniprocessor or ACPI Uniprocessor HAL
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811366&Product=winxp

    HAL Options After Windows XP Setup
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309283&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Jw" wrote:

    | When I open the Device Manager and Hit >Computer, it shows "Advanced
    | Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC"
    |
    | I want to change this to ACPI Multiprocessor.
    |
    | I right click "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC" hit
    | >Properties >Driver Tab >Update Driver
    |
    | Then Check the "Install from a list or specific Location (Advanced)"radio
    | button
    |
    | Hit >next
    |
    | Then Check the "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install"
    |
    | Hit >next
    |
    | Then Uncheck the "Show compatible hardware" box
    |
    | The only items listed are "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI)
    | PC" & "Standard PC"
    |
    | There is no option for the "ACPI Multiprocessor"
    |
    | How do I change computer in the Device Manager to "ACPI Multiprocessor"
    |
    | Thanks

Configuration Device Manager Power Windows XP