Closed Solved

HD 6870 performance issue

Hello, I just bought a Sapphire HD 6870 1GB graphics card and I'm having a problem with the performance. I installed the latest drivers, connected to power supply which is 1050watt and windows experience rating is showing a lame 6.3, I thought this would give me at least a 7.5 rating? Could something be going wrong or is this card this bad?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6870 performance issue
  1. make sure you plugged in the cable running from the screen to the gpu is connected to the 6970 not the motherboard.

they dont sell a 1gb 6970 btw
  2. Sorry, its the 6870, and yes its connected to the card.
  3. you should really play some games because what the card should score and what WEI displays isnt consistent. WEI is not a good measuring tool for that type of thing.
  4. Alright, I will try that, hopefully it does well, thanks alot, I could not find anything else wrong, maybe it was just a lemon or something
  5. keep us posted
  6. That's weird because my old 6850 used to score around 7.5 WEI...
  7. diec4st said:
    That's weird because my old 6850 used to score around 7.5 WEI...

hence the horribleness or WEI. my 6950 scores a 7.5.

i bet if you rerun it now it will decrease though
  8. i just done my sapphire 6870 on WEI and got a score 7.8 same as when i installed it 3 months ago maybe it runs on gpu clock as mines oc'd ...maybe
  9. also you could try 3d mark 11 you should get a score around p4450 and much more reliable than windows score
  10. Best answer
    Forget WEI it means about nothing
  11. jb1185 said:
    i just done my sapphire 6870 on WEI and got a score 7.8 same as when i installed it 3 months ago maybe it runs on gpu clock as mines oc'd ...maybe

even further proving WEI means absolutely nothing. the fact it scores higher then my 6950 proves that.

Anonymous said:
    Forget WEI it means about nothing

^ agreed
  12. Best answer selected by Fear1.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance HD Graphics