Status
Not open for further replies.

brockstar113

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
I'm buying a new card for a new build and an older computer, and am just wondering how the performance of the HIS mid- and high- level cards are (mainly just because i think the blue look is cool :) haha)?
Thanks guys

Solution

Haha I think the same thing right now I have the HIS 6850 its a good card cooling is decent but is a bad overclocker. If you were to go with a ice version card it would probably not be worth the extra $10-$20. If you want to spend that extra 10-20 I would go with an asus or gigabyte card. The cooling will beat the HIS ice cooling and the big difference is customer service. The HIS customer service is not the best it takes them days to respond and the RMA process is a nightmare. ASUS and the other big companies have...

mhockeypro13

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011

Haha I think the same thing right now I have the HIS 6850 its a good card cooling is decent but is a bad overclocker. If you were to go with a ice version card it would probably not be worth the extra $10-$20. If you want to spend that extra 10-20 I would go with an asus or gigabyte card. The cooling will beat the HIS ice cooling and the big difference is customer service. The HIS customer service is not the best it takes them days to respond and the RMA process is a nightmare. ASUS and the other big companies have great customer service part of the HIS problem is they are located in taiwan.

Solution

joewena

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
As far as i know EVGA gives a lifetime warrany, but then again im a ATI fan :) if your gonna go ATI check MSI's twin frozers cards and Gigabyte's Windforce cards, super cooling, im from south africa and in the summer it gets up to 42 degrees celcuis, my card idle's at 34-42 (gigabyte windforce btw) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.