Keyboard cleaning help pls..

currently using a ibm kb-9910 ps/2 keyboard i can clean with a cloth at the top but i can't clean the area where the dust are located under the keys i also used compressed air to clean it but can't remove can i clean it with water..
10 answers Last reply
More about keyboard cleaning
  1. No no no!

Look for something like this:
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/b88d/

It's a bit expensive than water but you can use if with all your gadgets with lots of small crevices where dust & dirt accumulates.
  2. i usually use a small paintbrush--half inch wide brush or smaller to get under the keys etc
  3. mcnumpty23 said:
    i usually use a small paintbrush--half inch wide brush or smaller to get under the keys etc

+1 ^ :)
  4. small paint brush can be used only to clean side of the keys there is no enough space for a small brush to go inside the keyboard
  5. a little bit of downward pressure makes the ends of the bristles bend and go under the keys as you

are doing it--long as its not a brush with really short bristles
  6. can i open the keyboard and clean it
  7. Sure. But there is high chance that you may damage it in the process. Are the dirt/dust visible? Does it impair the function of the keyboard?
  8. the dirt is visible if i try to look at it ..it looks ugly more dust is located under the keys
  9. vishalaestro said:
    the dirt is visible if i try to look at it ..it looks ugly more dust is located under the keys

Probably, the dust have settled for a long time & already stuck.

I myself do not have experience to remove & put back the keys of a keyboard & I probably would not try it for the trouble. If it is not too obvious & the keyboard works fine, I think its fine to leave it alone.
  10. so today i will try to open the keyboard and clean it..did u have any idea how to reduce the amount of wires at the back of the cpu case there is a lot of wires..
Ask a new question

Read More

PS/2 IBM Keyboards Components