Status
Not open for further replies.

pota100

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Well, was too lazy to post here, so instead I've searched on google for hours first... and found nothing...

My problem is that I have recently bought another MSI GTX560TI TwinFrozrII to fit with my other one. My plan, as you guess, put all this beautifullness together to bring love in all my computer.

- SLI adapter is attached on both card
- Both card are plugged in ( lol )
- I guess that my Seasonic 750W PSU is more than enough for my rig
- My motherboard is SLI compatible

So, my problem is that I can't get the SLI mode enable. I went to the nVidia Control Panel and there is suppose to be an option below the 3D settings that is call "Set SLI and PhysX setting" or w/e but it's not there.

I have check on my MOBO BIOS but there is no option as enable SLI mode

Some said that downgrading Realtek Ethernet Driver to 7.003 would fix it but it didn't work. ( Yeah, it sounds absurd but for some it worked )

I have also try to delete all my Nvidia drivers with Driver Sweeper then, installing only the graphic drivers ( not the PhysX ), didn't work as well.

It's weird because both of my cards are recognized ( On Control Panel, Nvidia Inspector and MSI afterburner ) and they both work individually.

I hope someone here have good answers because I don't know what to do anymore.

My Rig :

Gygabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Motherboard
2x MSI GTX560Ti TwinFrozrII
750W Seasonic PSU
2x4gb Kingston RAM
Intel i7-2600 3.4GHz
1x750 GB CaviarBlack HDD
2x1TB CaviarBlack HDD ( RAID 0 )

Solution
Did you try advanced bios settings, most Gigabyte older boards used Ctrl + F1 on initial bios screen to activate advanced settings, in there you will see extra graphics settings goin by memory, as you might need to disable onboard graphic hybrid sli mode first to use normal sli, just a thought

cheers

pota100

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Ok so you are telling me that the vendor who told me that it his SLI ready, the tech guy who tested my graphic card ( because it was broken ) and who I asked if I could do SLI with that motherboard and told me yes, the little badge "nVidia SLI Ready" on the box and the booklet of my MOBO, and the part in the booklet that says it is SLI ready is all bullshit?

EDIT : By the way, I don't know where you see the pcix slot are different, there are 3 slots identical.

Hope someone got a better answer.

gigabyter64

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
Did you try advanced bios settings, most Gigabyte older boards used Ctrl + F1 on initial bios screen to activate advanced settings, in there you will see extra graphics settings goin by memory, as you might need to disable onboard graphic hybrid sli mode first to use normal sli, just a thought

cheers

Solution

pota100

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Gnah, problem is that the default PCIe slot on the BIOS was the 8x.

Changed it for 16x and it work well.

All that trouble only for that... And I tought that I had already check those settings lol

Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.