Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is this a good Build?

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 14, 2012 1:35:12 PM

Hi, before I finalize everything I wanted to make sure these components I've chosen will work well together. What do you guys think?:

Case: Corsair 600T White Graphite ATX Mid Tower Case
Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 ATX LGA1155
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Unlocked Processor - Retail
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
PSU: Antec 25 VP550P 550 Watts
Graphics Card: Asus Nvidia GTX 560 TI
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Slightly worried about whether that PSU will be good enough with only 550 watts. I hope that will be enough. I got it from a local store and the man said I would not need a bigger power supply. What are your thoughts? Thank you

More about : good build

a c 118 B Homebuilt system
March 14, 2012 1:49:17 PM

Consider a slightly beefier power supply. 750 watts maybe (always better to go more than you need- the 550 would work though- but, its just adequate). Maybe even go higher than 750 if you ever plan to run SLI. Other than that, yea, pretty nice build.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 14, 2012 3:02:02 PM

mayron4077 said:
Slightly worried about whether that PSU will be good enough with only 550 watts. I hope that will be enough. I got it from a local store and the man said I would not need a bigger power supply. What are your thoughts? Thank you

Nice build. Your GPU is going to use about half of the 550W PSU so it is good enough. But like nekulturny posted, if you're going to SLI or think you might want to someday, then you should go higher. Good luck with your build.:) 
Related resources
a c 81 B Homebuilt system
March 14, 2012 3:58:25 PM

Build looks good and your power supply is just fine. The only reason to go with more wattage would be if you plan on adding a second GTX 560 Ti in Sli.
March 14, 2012 7:29:49 PM

Thank you, I'm not planning on SLI any time soon, one card will be fine for a while.
March 14, 2012 7:46:41 PM

nekulturny said:
Consider a slightly beefier power supply. 750 watts maybe (always better to go more than you need- the 550 would work though- but, its just adequate). Maybe even go higher than 750 if you ever plan to run SLI. Other than that, yea, pretty nice build.


this is a little exaggerated. a 550w psu will be fine. my 6950 which is overclocked runs perfectly on a 500 watt supply and the 560ti runs about the same amount of power.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 14, 2012 10:17:07 PM

I don't see a HDD on here. You might also consider getting a SSD for your boot drive and the programs you use most often. This would speed up your boot and load times considerably
a b B Homebuilt system
March 14, 2012 10:17:25 PM

Hello.
Your build is perfect. Everything is best bang for buck. No flaws.
Cheers.

edit: Oh and about the HDD.
I dont see one but judging by your selections, you seem to know about pcs so the reason that you didnt select I suppose is that you will keep your old.
March 14, 2012 11:00:56 PM

that psu is more than enough

if you plan on sli'ing 560ti in the future then u'd need ~700w (with overclocking)

people nowadays tend to get ahead of themselves with recommending psus
a c 81 B Homebuilt system
March 14, 2012 11:04:23 PM

Is this a thread to see how many people in a row can say the same thing? It would help if people actually read before posting........
a b B Homebuilt system
March 14, 2012 11:52:47 PM

Quote:
Is this a thread to see how many people in a row can say the same thing? It would help if people actually read before posting........


+1
!