Sign in with
Your question

Low-Profile Video Cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 10, 2012 1:30:55 AM

I need a recommendation for a low-profile video card. The computer is a HP s3020n Slimline. The onboard video on the computer has failed, and the video card I picked up at a local electronics store is too big to fit in the tower's case. It was a Galaxy Geforce GT 520 . I'll need a low-profile video card but the ones I'm looking at appear as if they would not be able to fit in the case either.

I'm looking for the smallest low-profile video card available. My grandmother uses the computer for web browsing and email, so the card doesn't need to have great performance. There is 1 PCI X 16 slot available. I was hoping someone would be able to recommend a low-profile card that would fit inside the cramped tower. I'd prefer to order on Amazon.com

Here's a link to the product detail page for the s3020n Slimline if you would like to reference dimensions or other features: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/ho/WF06b/12132708-...
a c 181 U Graphics card
January 10, 2012 2:12:49 AM

Here is a whole page of low profile GT 520's. Before you buy make sure your power supply (PSU) is big enough to run that card. Also the card might be low profile the end where you plug in the cable from the monitor.

Make sure it is either a half size or a full size when you get ready to screw it in or set it in place. When you look at the different GPU's you will see what I am talking about. Hope this helps.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=geforce+gt+52...
m
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
January 10, 2012 3:29:37 AM

It boils down to how many amps are on the 12v rail will tell you what the watts are then you need to find exactley what the min watts that card takes. Also according to Nvidia the min PSU is 300w.

I know I lost you I am lost to. On your power supply can you tell me the info on the PSU like 3.3 v 5.0v 12v -12v If you can give me those numbers I will be able to see if your power supply will work
m
l
!