Mouse for MMO gaming ?

venur

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
I had a Razer naga wich is an awsome mouse for MMO's. But after barely a year it started to suffer from a double click problem. Found on youtube that I wasn't alone with this problem since it has ton of video showing how to fix that. But well it didn't worked and I just killed it.

So now I'm looking for another mouse. I'd like to stay away from the Naga. The several <10$ mouse that I,ve bought over the year still alive so I'd expect a 100$ mouse to last for more then a year.

So what you guys would tell me to buy ?

venur

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

Thats an interesting one. I wish that I could try it, the button layout is kinda innovative and the aluminum plate probably help a lot with mobility.

caracal85

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012

I'd stay away from Razer mice, in my opinion - ignoring the issues you have, Razer drivers have been known to cause issues and their build quality seems to be declining. Steelseries do an MMO mouse; their gear tends to be high quality, as do Logitech mice. Really though, as an ex-Naga user myself, I'd buy yourself a decent keyboard and learn to embrace ESDF.

Just my two pence.

venur

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

The steelseries MMO mice isn't exactly what I'm looking for. Too few macro IMO but I'll give ESDF a shot. But having a short hand it doesn't seem to be that good so far for me. shift and CTRL keys are further away when your going ESDF.

Probably pretty good when your playing FPS but with my short hand I have acces to fewer hotkey going ESFD then WASD.

That looks interesting. I'm generally satisfied with any optical mouse with a tilt-wheel on it (set to "target previous"/"target next"), but I'm going to keep my eye on this one.

mmilner1

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I have bought several top end mouses over the last couple of years and returned almost all of them (Micro Center probably not too thrilled either lol), finally settled on the Logitech Gx9 and loving it.

Hmm, I'm not a big fan of hugely amazing button layouts, I bought a CM storm spawn a few months ago (this is only designed for fingertip gripping, its to small for anything else. For me its been very nice, it did have LoD issues when I first got it though, had to update the firmware but its not an issue anymore :)

Just my 2c

For the price its very nice.

vevusio

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
i am currently using 2x g500 for both for and gaming (one is at my workplace, one at home)

can't really find any fault with the g500, some people complain of the cord being too stiff, which i don't think it is
it seems one of the g500 which i have been using for several months didn't quite survive diablo 3 and now when i drag 'n drop something the mouse will "drop" although i have not released the button (if i don't press it hard enough) - and mind you, my mx518 survived years of a buttload of wow etc., i wasn't hitting that button like a madman either, just normal gaming
the 2nd mx518 sometimes seems to creak when i press the left mouse button, which i sometimes notice and is sometimes a wee-bit annoying

without these 2 issues it's a great mouse, however i think if i were to buy a new one i would try a different model

as far as the logitech g9x goes: a friend of mine (also an on-and-off hardcore gamer) had a naga for a while (which he dumped, can't remember the reason); he won a g9x somewhere but that didn't agree with him either (personally i have tried neither)

yet another friend of mine, also a gamer, had a logitech g700 i believe, he said he got used to it after a while (it is super-heavy) - but i've tried it and the weight is just too much imo

he switched to a corsair m60 and says he loves it, as such, i think the corsair m90 which in design is close to the m60 is worth a try (if you really dig all those buttons *shrug*)