Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Compatible ddr3 graphics card for gigabyte g31m-es2l motherboard

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 10, 2012 2:48:52 AM

i wanna ask is any ddr3 graphics card available for gigabite g31m-es2l motherboard and 2.6gz e5300 processor please if you tell me any list for this.

thanks
a b U Graphics card
January 10, 2012 3:13:04 AM

That board supports PCIe x16 so basically any PCIe card will work. What is your budget and the specs for your system?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
January 10, 2012 3:13:33 AM

Why do you want a card with ddr3? Most cards made now have gddr5. You have a pcie-x16 slot pretty much any graphics card will work assuming you have the case and power supply to support it.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 10, 2012 9:28:38 AM

fb39ca4 said:
That board supports PCIe x16 so basically any PCIe card will work. What is your budget and the specs for your system?

i have nearly $100 usd budget well sorry i didnt understand what you mean by specs is it specification i have win 7 core dual 2.6 cpu & as u know my baseboard, i have a nvidia 8400 gs card but that is not made for guy like me.please just tell me the best i can acheive if change of mthrboard require than please let me know. :) 

in the end thanks for this quick reply
m
0
l
January 10, 2012 9:33:53 AM

benski said:
Why do you want a card with ddr3? Most cards made now have gddr5. You have a pcie-x16 slot pretty much any graphics card will work assuming you have the case and power supply to support it.

i want just a good graphics card in a budget of $100 usd ,well what you mean by case and power supply. i m new in this field bro.please let me know

thanks for reply
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
January 10, 2012 1:39:30 PM

The case is the metal box housing all your components, if it's full sized you should have no problem with any cards, if its s small form factor or micro atx case you will probably need a low profile card. The power supply is the box where the power cord plugs into the back, and on the inside of the case it will have a ton of wires coming out which plug into the motherboard and other components. You need to make sure that the power supply you have has a high enough rating for whatever graphics card you decide to get and spare power connectors to hook the card up if required.
m
0
l
January 13, 2012 10:00:05 AM

benski said:
The case is the metal box housing all your components, if it's full sized you should have no problem with any cards, if its s small form factor or micro atx case you will probably need a low profile card. The power supply is the box where the power cord plugs into the back, and on the inside of the case it will have a ton of wires coming out which plug into the motherboard and other components. You need to make sure that the power supply you have has a high enough rating for whatever graphics card you decide to get and spare power connectors to hook the card up if required.

thanks for the info bro well there is no problem of case and power supply but still i have a doubt can my board fully utilized high end graphics cards

m
0
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
January 13, 2012 10:44:04 AM

sadhuy2k said:
thanks for the info bro well there is no problem of case and power supply but still i have a doubt can my board fully utilized high end graphics cards


You said you weren't very tech savy, so could you tell the model of your power supply? As far as your motherboard goes, it will support most graphics cards with PCIe 2.0 or 1.0/1.1. The only limiting factor could be your power supply, so we need to know exactly which one you have.
m
0
l
!