If my Pci express slot is broken or is it my HD 4670?

supranoob

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
When i turned on my computer today, nothing showed on my monitor not even the bios screen, but i did hear windows load. So i proceeded to try out different monitors using the HDMI, VGA, and DVI slots on my HD 4670. But nothing would show up on the monitor still. So i went on and removed the graphics card and used integrated graphics that my i3 550 has and it works and i installed drivers for it and stuff.

Now the questions i have are:
Did my graphics card die?
-Its a diamond HD 4670 from about 2 or 3 years ago and i removed it a couple of times so i might have exposed it to static electricity, but my room is an unlikely place where static electricity could be generated.
-The card has been hitting 75-85 C on full load when playing games for a couple of months now
-It was working in the morning and i didnt do anything intensive, just checking email and news, but when i came home form school it start not working.

Or Did my PCI-E lane/slot break?
-I heard from my friend that is unlikely that a PCI-E lane could break, but i'm not sure about that because i had a friend who's PCI-E lane broke and he couldnt used any graphics card at all.

I don't have an extra computer or graphics card at the moment to check if its the graphics card or PCI-E lane that is broken. Is there any way for me to Check?