Sign in with
Your question

"Application Data" folder not accessible

Last response: in Windows 7
January 11, 2012 8:25:11 PM

I bought a new computer so i reinstalled Windows7 on a new HD. I plugged my old HD into my new computer so i can access my files.

Now i am trying to access the old "Application Data" folder on my old HD, because i want to get my torrent files. But i get an error saying i don't have enough rights and that access is denied

how can i fix that ?

thanks
January 11, 2012 11:41:35 PM

Still get access denied :( 
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 12, 2012 4:14:39 PM

Hi :) 

You need to reset the security settings permissions on that drive so you are the "owner"..and once set it takes a fair time to reset ALL the files on a drive...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
January 12, 2012 4:14:45 PM

The files are being blocked by NTFS permissions. Reconnect the drive to the original computer and copy your files to an external HDD or USB flash drive.
m
l
January 12, 2012 4:16:10 PM

You can do what Brett928S2 said, but you risk damaging the data on the drive and making some files unreadable. You will get a warning before you reset the security on the drive...
m
l
January 12, 2012 4:22:59 PM

i don't have access to the old PC anymore.

i tryed to take ownership of the drive and set permissions for everyone but i got an error saying an error has occured while trying to give permissions to the folder "application data"

then i tryed the same thing on the folder "application data", got an error again but permissions seems to be correct:

m
l
!