/ Sign-up
Your question

TV Tuner!!

  • TV
  • Tuner
  • Laptops
  • Components
Last response: in Components
June 28, 2012 6:51:04 PM

I have a video camera that works with tapes and without usb port... i want to record the tapes on my laptop, i knew that there is a card called tv tuner for pc ... is there anything like this but for laptops like a separate device or something

More about : tuner

a c 246 D Laptop
June 28, 2012 8:08:14 PM

Hi :) 

It MUST have a connection...

The two most common are Firewire or USB... ???

All the best Brett :) 
a b x TV
a c 291 D Laptop
June 28, 2012 8:37:46 PM

Firewire is very common on camcorders and cards are readily available. Try to get one that is based on Texas Instruments chips if you decide to go that route. In my experience they work the best, esp with JVC camcorders.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b D Laptop
June 28, 2012 8:51:54 PM

Yes you can use a TV tuner with a RCA input for capturing the video. But why get a TV tuner to get the job done when you can just get a USB RCA video capture card?
June 28, 2012 8:56:16 PM

my camera is samsong scl810 it has only one slot for a cable ... this cable ends with audio and video jacks...there is no other usb slots or cables!!

ps: what about the tv-tuner is there a separate device for laptops or is there any other mean to connect the camera with laptop and record my tapes on the laptop?!!