Help with wiring my PC - AC'97?

mayron4077

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Hi,

My case is: Corsair 600TI white graphite
and motherboard is: AsRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

My problem is that I'm currently doing the wiring and was wondering where and what iss the AC'97 wire used for. I can't find where it connects to on the motherboard and the manual doesn't tell me either. Can I leave this out?

Thanks in advance

The case's front panel has the connectors for the PWR, HDD_LED, Reset, Audio (AC97 is analog sound and HD Audio is HD sound), and sometimes, a speaker connector.

Connect the case's front panel HD Audio connector to the sound connector on your motherboard. You can find the board's connector on the motherboard diagram in your manual.

mayron4077

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
I am using and have connected a HD Audio connector but am left with the AC'97. does this mean that I can leave it out? Is this just an older version like a non HD one?

Yes, you do not have to use the AC97 connector. The front panel audio cable usually has both HD and AC97 to allow the front panel audio ports to be used for both kinds of audio - the case manufacturers know both kinds of motherboards are out there.

mayron4077

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
While I'm asking. I've finished all the wiring except 4 plugs. They have 3 pins and look like fan plugs except I have already connected 3 fan plugs and am left with 4 that lead up to where the case USB sockets are.

Anyone have any idea what these might be? I shouldn't have 7 fan plugs should I? And these 4 are not connected to any fan.

I cannot find a picture of the front panel wiring for your case. Your front panel has these connections:
-- 4 x USB 2.0,
-- 1 x USB 3.0,
-- 1 x IEEE1394,
-- 1 x Headphone, and
-- 1 x Mic
Plus a built-in 4-fan controller.