Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkmyfoes

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
seen alot of threads im planning on builiding a budget gaming pc with the a8-3870k APU i know from plenty of research that i can only use the 6670 GPU i look on newegg and all the GPU's say they arent xfire compatible can anyone help with this answer and please im choosing AMD i dont need intel specs amd cpu specs just the question answered. :pt1cable: and if you know wich 6670 card to get and wich is best used together in xfire please post name of card radeon hd 6670 dont give me much details.

Solution
The A-series of APU's are for entry level graphics on a budget. Crossfire has many issues on many games and you will end up NOT using crossfire and just the external GPU for certain games. Crysis is one of these games that can have issues.

That said, it would be better to buy a Phenom II or Buldozer processor and a 990 series board, that would save you money and you could get a better 6770 card that can do 1080p gaming.

wurkfur

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011

Did you already buy the A8?

wurkfur

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
The A-series of APU's are for entry level graphics on a budget. Crossfire has many issues on many games and you will end up NOT using crossfire and just the external GPU for certain games. Crysis is one of these games that can have issues.

That said, it would be better to buy a Phenom II or Buldozer processor and a 990 series board, that would save you money and you could get a better 6770 card that can do 1080p gaming.

Solution

tlmck

Distinguished
This site: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1365/pg1/amd-fusion-a8-3870k-overclocking-and-dual-graphics-performance-review-introduction.html used this card http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1180/pg1/sapphire-ultimate-radeon-hd-6670-graphics-cards-review-introduction.html.

However, I think you are confusing the types of Crossfire. The cards you are looking at do not support card to card Crossfire because they lack the Crossfire connector. However, you are trying to do APU to card Crossfire which does not require a card with a Crossfire connector or the little cable that connects to cards. Make sense? This means any 6670 card should do.

Having said that, I would still opt for a Core i3 2100, an inexpensive H61 or H67 motherboard, and a 6850 card.

Status
Not open for further replies.